We focus on enabling our users to turn any text- or data-heavy content into a visual narrative that is engaging and quickly understandable to any audience.
Over 6M users worldwide are already creating their presentations, reports, infographics, social media graphics, and printable assets in Piktochart. In 2020, we launched a beta version of our video editing tool focused on content repurposing – Piktostory.
In 2021, we plan to expand our presence online — more guest blog posts, more evergreen content on the website and blog, and more videos.
And guess what? We won’t be able to do it without your help.
We are looking for a talented Marketing Copywriter & Video Content Creator who will grab the attention of our target customers with awe-inspiring content.
The ideal candidate is self-driven like an AV, has the NASA-level attention-to-detail and storytelling skills of Pixar.
As our Marketing Content Creator, you’ll be our go-to-person to ensure that Piktochart comes to life through inspiring, compelling, share-worthy stories. You’ll be responsible for creating fresh, authoritative, yet concise text or video content for our marketing channels, product releases, learning resources, and more. You will be not only Piktochart’s voice but also a content gatekeeper who makes sure every piece of content is ready to get in front of thousands of eyeballs.
This is a fully remote role and you will have to be located in Europe/Asia/Eastern timezone.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing content strategy for our blog, website, YouTube, and social media channels, including key messaging and content creation schedules.
- Writing high-quality, fresh, and engaging content pieces for the Piktochart blog and other publications where we publish guest posts. "Okay" is not good enough. We are looking for unique, story-like content that fits our values, existing voice, and target audience.
- Creating and distributing engaging video content in the form of vlogs, video tutorials, and customer interviews.
- Creating and launching Piktochart Design Academy consisting of text and video lessons.
- Assisting with writing and editing company communication created by other team members (blog posts, visual templates, emails, website copy, social media posts), ensuring they comply with the content guidelines and optimizing them for performance (eg. SEO)
- Educating team members around good content in grammar, structure, tone, and style. Providing them with constructive feedback that will help them improve their writing skills
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role with a good understanding of content marketing and social media marketing.
- Have hands-on experience with copywriting and short-form video recording to tell stories.
- Have experience in structuring and writing comprehensive documents (e.g. ebooks, guides, courses)
- Are native or close to native level of written and spoken English.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Write short and snappy texts. You have a unique talent to take large amounts of information and condense it into easy to digest texts.
- Aren’t camera shy. 15 seconds is enough for you to tell an inspiring story with video.
- Are ready to jump in and start producing content as soon as possible. You learn best by doing, and you’re motivated by seeing the results of your work.
- Have a good understanding of how content marketing, SEO, email marketing, and social media function, how they can work together to get results, and the different writing/stylistic requirements of each.
- Have a strong portfolio of high-quality writing and video samples around product releases, blog articles, vlogs, email marketing, or other web copy related to the tech/startup industry.
We want to give everyone enough time to apply. That’s why we will be accepting applications for this role until the 24th of February 2021. We won’t be reviewing any applications before this date. You can expect to hear back from us after March 1st. After the initial pre-screening, selected candidates will be invited to the interviews, where they will get a chance to meet part of their future team.
Apply before February 24th
- Include a link to your LinkedIn, resume, portfolio, or other where we can see more about your background to date
- Write a short "work sample" (max 300 words) answering the following question; "If you only had 4 hours to create engaging digital content for Piktochart, what would you do and why?"
- Record and submit a video (max 1 min) telling us; a) Who you are. b) Why do you think you are the best candidate for this role c) In your opinion, what will be the biggest trend for video content in 2021?
To apply for this job, please visit piktochart.jobs.personio.de.