Time zones: SBT (UTC +11), GMT (UTC +0), MSK (UTC +3), CEST (UTC +2), BST (UTC +1), JST (UTC +9), CST (UTC +8), WIB (UTC +7), MMT (UTC +6:30), BST (UTC +6), NPT (UTC +5:45), IST (UTC +5:30), UZT (UTC +5), IRDT (UTC +4:30), GST (UTC +4)
Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3)
. While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs
At Hotjar, we’re creating Product Experience Insights software for digital product teams. We help show how users behave and what they feel strongly about, so product teams can deliver real value, fast.
Hotjar’s Legal Team sits within Hotjar’s Compliance Division and is responsible for the monitoring, guidance and business enablement of legal aspects within Hotjar globally. From Product to Sales, Marketing to People and Support, we are there to provide legal guidance and be involved in all current and future activities of the company.
Reporting into the Compliance Director, you will support our Sales Team and other Divisions of the Hotjar business regularly leveraging and collaborating with both external counsel and our parent company, Content Square. As the team lead, you’ll lead a growing team of lawyers, scaling positions and processes for the team, while guiding them through feedback, mentoring, and advocacy within the organization. You would also regularly provide commercially astute legal advice and guidance to our business divisions and leadership.
- Lead and manage a team of in-house lawyers located across the EMEA region serving as the point of escalation for all legal issues
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with teams across Hotjar, including Products, Sales, Business Ops, Marketing and People
- Help ensure Hotjar’s commercial relationships comply with applicable legal and financial partner requirements
- Identify and evaluate business and legal risks, and find creative ways to mitigate them while achieving business goals
- Draft and manage Hotjar’s agreements, written templates policies and processes
- Deliver training and help educate internal business partners on all legal matters;
- A European Law degree with ideally 8+ years Post Qualification Experience as a practicing solicitor/lawyer,
- Experience of leading a strong legal team with the skills to grow and develop the legal function and mentor junior team members
- GDPR and data privacy expertise
- Able to effectively lead the team in prioritizing and advancing a large number of deals and projects simultaneously
The compensation range for this role is €80,000 to €110,000
annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs
to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks
chosen to reflect our values
and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the annual leave and Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Hotjar pledges to be a harassment-free and discrimination-free company, committed to equal opportunity. We believe people from different backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product, and our company, better.