Territory Foods is hiring a Lead Software Engineer to spearhead modernizing our E-Commerce platform. This role will primarily consist of writing software, planning projects, running ceremonial process meetings, designing system architecture, and providing guidance to the e-commerce engineering team. About Us
Territory technologists put health and wellness at the fingertips of our customers. We deliver a best-in-class e-commerce experience that provides personalized nutrition via differentiated distribution models to seven major markets including DC, NYC, NJ, Philadelphia, Dallas, Austin, and Southern California (the list is still growing).
At Territory, we believe that our people and culture are our biggest assets. Because of our passion for wellness, community development, and entrepreneurship, we seek team members who not only believe in this mission but live it too. Our remote operating model allows us to hire cutting-edge thinkers around the country who provide diverse and innovative ideas.
- Ruby on Rails
- NextJS / React
You’re a motivated self-starter that can plan a project with stakeholders and roll your sleeves up to dig into it with the team.
- B.S. in Computer Science, relative engineering field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of professional experience as a Technical Lead or equivalent role
- 4+ years of professional experience as a contributing software engineer
- Understand how to write maintainable software in multiple programming paradigms
- Deep understanding of Ruby on Rails is preferred
- Deep understanding of at least one modern front-end framework (React, Angular, Vue, Svelte) is preferred
- Understanding of API security best practices
- Demonstrated proficiency in designing web applications from the client to the data store
- Proficiency with one or more of the following programming languages: Golang, Elixir, Python, Java, Kotlin, TypeScript, Rust
- Experience working with service oriented architecture
- Familiarity with trunk-based development and rolling deployments
- Familiarity / proficiency in distributed software architecture (AMQP, event-sourcing, CQRS, caching etc)
- Proficiency designing GraphQL services
- Knowledge around vertically and horizontally scaling an application
In addition to working with a team of forward-thinking go-getters and culinary hackers, you can expect the following:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health, Dental & Vision
- Unlimited PTO & Sick Days
- Fully Remote Team – live anywhere you want in the United States
- Monthly reimbursement for personal wellness expenses
- Sample our meals for quality control (If you live in an area of which we operate in)
- We’ll pay your cell phone bill up to $100 per month
Apply info ->
To apply for this job, please visit apply.workable.com.