You will be an engineer on the Heroku Vault team. The Vault built and operates a distributed system using Ruby, Elixir, Postgresql, and Redshift. We collect all of our platform’s usage data and use that data to generate customer invoices. We use our software to run and manage the monthly collections process. Our financial data is combined with information gathered from the platform and surfaced to drive business decisions. We need an engineer that can help us build, monitor, and operate the most crucial moving parts of our business infrastructure.
We are a collaborative team and strive for high quality and excellence in our software, team processes and operational activities. All of our infrastructure runs on Heroku and we’re pushing the state-of-the-art in how to design, build and operate distributed systems on Heroku.
You’ll be directly responsible for the building, operating, and automating Heroku’s business operations infrastructure.
- Continually improving our distributed usage data collection system
- Building and operating our monitoring for usage data collection, invoice builds, and collections activities across a distributed system
- Automating and monitoring the collections process
- Developing new tools to enable effective management of distributed systems, including diagnostic, monitoring and mitigation tools
- Following up on production incidents with root cause analysis, incident response analysis and remediation plans
- Understanding the capacity of various services and planning for future growth, from simple metrics-based scaling factors to architectural inflection points
- Technical proficiency with RESTful web services, Ruby, SQL, and Linux
- Strong working knowledge of large scale service-oriented infrastructure and the design of scalable, consistent systems in the real world
- Ability to understand, troubleshoot, mitigate and trace root causes in distributed systems, sometimes under pressure
- A firm grasp of the performance characteristics of distributed systems and how to optimize for particular workloads
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with geographically distributed teams and people of various backgrounds
- Strong focus on quality, correctness, and trust to work with financial information
- Familiarity with Heroku
- Service Reliability Background
- Large scale automation architecture and development
- Experience with financial systems
To apply for this job, please visit salesforce.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.