MORE ABOUT US
We are currently a team of 10 people — you will be #11 🙂.
You enjoy writing beautiful code. You care not just about whether the code works, but you think deeply about how well it performs, and how it will be understood by future developers.
We are currently a team of 5 developers. Our roles are divided based on the projects we work on. Our stack currently looks like:
- Cloud: A blend of AWS and Google Cloud
- Database: PostgreSQL
- Frontend: ES6, TypeScript, React, and Redux
- Internal: GitLab for CI/CD and issue tracking
PROJECTS YOU WILL WORK ON
You will be working on our backend which is a REST API written using modern Java practices.
We prioritize our projects based on what customers are requesting the most. Some things that you will work on include:
- Real-time Data Discovery: Enhance and extend our real-time data discovery engine
- Performance: Optimize every API call so that it completes within 500ms
- Modular Architecture: Design functionality such that it can be packaged as a standalone library
- DevOps: Deploy internal applications in a scalable and fault-tolerant manner
- APIs: Improve our integrations with 3rd party services, such as Salesforce
- 3+ years programming experience and 2+ years Java experience
- Experience with modern Java frameworks (without enterprise bloat)
- We don’t require a degree but you should have demonstrated the ability to learn new things quickly (either self-learned, freelance projects, or from school)
- Past remote work experience
- Worked at a tech startup or a small company before
- Experience with modern DevOps practices using AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and such
- A knack for taking a metrics-driven approach using Grafana or similar
- Exposure to Google Drive API or Salesforce.com
- Salary: $70,000 – $90,000/year Canadian Dollars
- Work fully remotely, from our office in Kitchener-Waterloo, or a blend of both
- Four weeks paid time off
- Travel spending allowance (money to spend during your vacation)
- Benefits (health, dental, etc) through our company HSA
- Catered lunches every day and snacks at the office
- Laptop of your choice
To apply for this job, please visit apply.workable.com.