We would love to be your new team!
Working at Data Virtuality means being part of an international team and thriving. What we offer is remote work from your home, wherever it is. Further, you can expect an unlimited long-term freelance contract with full-time work, benefits, and genuine team spirit.
At Data Virtuality, you will experience respectful interactions, harmonious teamwork,
without a dog-eat-dog mentality!
without a dog-eat-dog mentality!
What you will be doing:
Coding Expert – You push on further developing our monolithic product Data Virtuality Platform. With your
clean coding approach and your creative power, you conceive, develop, and integrate new components and
applications into our products with the highest quality.
Bug Buster – Your mission is to keep an eye on our existing products: You analyze and improve our
components and fix bugs.
Team Player – Working remotely: You are independent, reliable, and constantly in touch with the Data Virtuality Team. You keep exchanging ideas with your colleagues and help the team develop the best performance.
Your skills. Your tech stack.
- “Fluent in” Java
- strong experience (5+ years) in database design, complex SQL queries
- in-depth knowledge of OOD methodology, Java, XML, J2EE (JSP, JMS, EJB, Servlet, JDBC, JPA), and Web Services (SOAP & REST)
- working knowledge of Hibernate
- keen understanding of the internal operation principles of an RDBMS, knowledge of Data Warehousing is a plus
- practical knowledge of standard technologies for development, assembly (Maven),and versioning (Git)
- substantial experience (5+ years) in J2EE-development with a focus on WildFly,/JBoss, or a similar application server
- in-depth knowledge of modern architectural concepts, design patterns, and agile software development (Scrum, Kanban)
Tenacious, Ambitious, International!
…what you should bring from the personal side.
- fluent spoken and written English is a must-have criterion
- clean and good quality coding approach is very important because of our complex
- analytical thinking, pragmatic development approach with a hands-on mentality
- being a team player, but also being able to solve problems independently
- understanding the requirements from customer view
- generally very good communication behavior
What our fantastic team worldwide loves about working with Data Virtuality
- A job with the stability and team spirit of an employee, but also with the freedom and flexibility of a freelancer
- Stable partnership for years
- Fix salary + paid vacation + paid sick leave
- Flexibility to decide where to work
- Knowledgeable and approachable C-Level
- Reliable and fast monthly payment – in EUR, USD, or various cryptocurrencies, as you prefer
- Continuity and growth potential
- Friendly and international colleagues
- Full integration into our teams and invitation for our team events worldwide
- If you want, possibility to relocate to Germany after min. five years of a great collaboration
Our Tech Stack
- Backend: J2EE application running in a JBoss/WildFly container to connect to any kind of
data source (relational/NoSQL/cloud based databases, web services, text files, etc.) and to
query data by using SQL. Persistence layers and internal configurations are delegated to
- Frontend (Desktop): Desktop Application based on Eclipse RCP
- Frontend (Web): several Web applications based on Angular
- Operating System: Linux, Microsoft Windows, macOs
- Languages: Java 11, C, C++, TypeScript, SQL, XML
- Databases: Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, Microsoft Azure Synapse Analytics, Exasol, Teradata, Vertica, MongoDB, etc.
- Others: Web Services, JDBC, ODBC, REST, OData, LDAP
- IDE: IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse
- Framework: Eclipse Rich Client Platform, JUnit, Spring, Hibernate, Angular, JQuery
- Application Servers: WildFly, JBoss
- Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Development, Building, Versioning tools: Maven, Ant, Git
- Dev and CI tools: Jira, FishEye, BitBucket, GitLab, Crucible, Confluence, Jenkins
- Virtualization and Containers: Docker, VirtualBox, VMware, Vagrant