If you’re passionate about crafting quality code and building beautiful iOS applications used by tens of thousands of customers, we would love to hear from you! This is a position we consider essential to the company’s success. Be sure to mention coffee in your cover letter so we know you actually read this. Please note, this position is only open to US-based candidates.
What you’ll be doing
- Craft and continuously ship well-tested, maintainable, and efficient Swift code
- Collaborate with product and design to create, design, and incrementally refine features
- Ensure quality in your code with unit and UI tests
- Proactively identify and squash bugs as well as performance issues
- Take an active role in shaping and defining mobile engineering best practices
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. We’re a customer-centric team with a great product, excellent support, and countless happy customers.
- Work remotely (within the United States), or at our Birmingham, AL HQ. Over 50% of our Engineering Team works remotely (including our CTO), and as a company, we strive to promote a strong remote working culture and have done so since the beginning (2012).
- Build mobile apps used daily by tens of thousands of people all around the world. So many different types of companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
- We’re hardcore believers in easy-to-use software. Crafting a delightful user experience is hard work, but we welcome the challenge and are looking for team members who share our ambition.
- We’re a startup that’s in “scale up” mode, meaning we’re past the days of just a couple of people in a small office, but we’re still very much a fast-paced, highly collaborative company.
- We’re committed to fostering a tight-knit team through various collaboration tools. We work in a weekly cadence and are very organized. While we keep meetings to a minimum, our team is highly collaborative and takes advantage of tools such as Slack, Zoom, GitHub, and Notion. We place great emphasis on work/life balance. We have families and know you do, too.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent real-world experience
- 3+ years of experience building and shipping native iOS apps
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in crafting quality code in Swift (Objective-C is a bonus)
- Mastery of the iOS SDK and mobile-specific fundamentals (networking, multithreading, memory management)
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail in designing human-centered interfaces with UIKit
- Experienced in consuming and building RESTful APIs (Ruby on Rails, Node, or similar)
- Committed to utilizing TDD to create unit and UI tests
- Knowledgeable in the current state of the iOS ecosystem, deployment, and continuous integration best practices
- Experience with or knowledge of SwiftUI is a plus
- 100% coverage of health and dental insurance
- Company stock
- Dependent Care FSA and Medical FSA
- Generous PTO and 8 company holidays
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Mac laptop, book stipend, and professional development funds
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Remote working friendly
- Monthly catered lunches and office snacks (HQ only)
This application is not intended to and does not create a contract or offer of employment. Employment with Fleetio is at will.
To apply for this job, please visit apply.workable.com.