SafetyWing (YC W18) is seeking an ambitious and creative Head of Operations – Remote Health to tackle the highest priority operational challenges of our fastest growing product. Remote Health is rapidly scaling at 25%+ growth per month and we need an experienced operational leader to partner with the General Manager to own operational projects and help amplify the impact of the rest of the team.
🚀 About SafetyWing
SafetyWing is building a global social safety net, including health and retirement for remote workers worldwide, as a replacement for national welfare systems. If we succeed, we believe this will help ensure freedom and equal opportunity for everyone, and is one of the more important tasks of our time that no one else is working on.
We’re a team of ~45, fully distributed stretching 10 timezones, while headquartered in San Francisco. We are growing our team quickly.
Our current customers are digital nomads (b2c) and remote companies (b2b). You’ll be working on Remote Health which is a b2b product.
👩💻 Your responsibilities will include
- Identify the most pressing issues in the product, find creative solutions to them, and quickly implement improvements with optimism and enthusiasm
- Lead cross-functional projects most important to the team. If you were to join today, these would include things like: implementing better processes for handling customer claims, managing a team of operations assistants to execute and improve onboarding processes, managing the relationship of one of our key insurance partners
- Help Remote Health achieve its potential by understanding the latest status of all priority projects happening, push goals to be met, and being a jack of all trades to support your team in implementation
- Build out operational systems and automation SafetyWing as we scale and grow, and ultimately make a product people love so much they tell their friends about it
🧪 We are looking for someone who
- Is ambitious, organized, and great with verbal and written communication
- Is a diligent project manager and leader through influence
- Is great at building clear systems and processes
- Is comfortable managing relationships with external partners
- Has experience in operations as a consultant and/or operator at a tech company
😀 We like to work with people who:
- Want to help build a global social safety net on the Internet
- Think for themselves instead of copying others
- Are willing to try new things, even with the risk of failure
- Are intellectually curious and open to new ideas
- Are creative and bold in the face of any problems
- Have strong integrity and do the right thing
🧘 What we offer
- Fully remote work – work from anywhere on the globe
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance, laptop, and two yearly team gatherings (previous ones were in Slovenia, Norway, and Mexico)
- Flexible hours and vacation policy (Office hours 8-11am PST)
Find out more about us and our products at www.safetywing.com
We are looking forward to hearing from you!