Working at Ably means helping to build the infrastructure that will power and shape the future of the internet. We enable things like HubSpot’s chat and collaboration products, live scores for millions of Australian Open tennis fans, and real time transit updates for three million Chicagoans. Engineers at some of the largest companies in the world choose Ably because, when it comes down to it, we’re the only platform that dependably delivers on the most demanding realtime requirements at global, production scale.
The opportunity in front of us is immense. Our mission is to become the definitive realtime infrastructure of the internet while powering and accelerating the emerging ecosystem. We’re on track. Today we deliver billions of realtime messages to more than 50 million people across web, mobile, and IoT platforms. But we can’t rest yet. In five years we want to reach one billion people everyday.
In this role
We’re looking for someone with knowledge of the deep tech, SaaS space to come and join us as our next Growth Marketer. You’ll be responsible for designing and conducting experiments to optimise and improve awareness, acquisition, activation and referral. You’ll enjoy experimenting, while always having a plan b and data that clearly shows why an experiment succeeded or failed.
Part of your initial responsibilities will be to implement a social media strategy that connects us with our developer communities. Working alongside the Head of Marketing, you will promote our developer-focussed content on various platforms, such as Twitter and Reddit. You will also ideally have some content management and CMS experience.
Day to day, you will:
- Define important community engagement metrics, making sure they measure our success
- Maintain a presence on developer community platforms such as Stack Overflow, Reddit, Quora, Twitter, etc
- Manage freelancers (Ably Experts) as they carry out social monitoring activities on platforms such as Hackernews.
- Support and drive marketing campaigns, taking a data-driven approach
- Refine our content promotion strategy
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimisation
- Keep up-to-date with the latest social media best practices and technologies / tools
- Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network
- Work alongside our Developer Relations team to ensure Ably’s presences at key industry events
- Provide support, and collaborate across Marketing, Sales, Developer Relations and the Product teams
You must have:
- Experience in community and social media marketing for a developer audience
- Familiarity and experience engaging with developers and technical communities, preferably in a cloud/SaaS environment
- Knowledge of and expertise in multiple social media platforms and best practices
- Experience and knowledge of SEO, keyword research, Google Analytics, web traffic metrics / KPIs expert
- Familiarity with web design and publishing
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a product-led subscription business
What’s it like to work at Ably?
Ably is entering a new phase of growth led by an experienced senior team. You’ll be part of a successful, highly motivated, and extremely collaborative team.
To provide the infrastructure required for the next generation of the internet, to tell the world about it, and to support everyone inside Ably to do so we hire people who are ready and capable of taking on challenging problems in a high-growth environment.
We want to work in a company of inclusive people who treat each other well. To really thrive at Ably, you’ll need to believe in and be prepared to do your work in line with our values, which are:
- Open For All. Open is a mindset. When open, we’re better collaborators, communicators and creators. Whether open source, standards, or protocols, open hearts, minds, and eyes. It’s better when it’s open.
- Bias For Action. We avoid analysis paralysis at all costs. We lean into doing in order to move us forward. When we have enough of what we need to act, we act.
- Even The Best Do Better. We want to be the best – but that doesn’t mean we rest when we are. Improvement and growth – true betterment – is an ongoing journey. One fuelled by curiosity and taking risks.
- Technology Needs Humanity. Our technology means little without people – whether that’s how we treat our colleagues, or how we design developer experiences. Being human matters.
- Dependable People Make Dependable Things. Dependability is integral to our mission and technology, but being dependable starts with our people. When we care enough to take real ownership of our products and problems – all else will follow.
- The Greatest Rewards Lie On The Hardest Paths. The bigger the challenge the easier the choice. We choose the path to build a truly exceptional product and culture because it always creates better outcomes, and is always what will set us apart.
What’s in it for you?
- A good, competitive salary
- A remote first company. Unless you want to pop into our communal office space in Shoreditch, London, you’ll work from home most of the time, apart from when we have planning sessions/Summits which happen on average once every 6 weeks for around 3 days each time.
- Your choice of high quality tech kit to work on
- Health insurance, including Doctor@Hand
- Employee Assistance Programme
- ClassPass membership
- Cycle to work
- Regular company away days and social events
- Friday need-to-know drinks and snacks
- Ongoing professional development (training, events, conferences), including an assigned budget
- 25 days of paid annual leave (33 days including bank holidays)
- Company contributions towards your pension
If you enjoy working as part of a technology company, value open source, and love solving hard problems – then we’d love to hear from you, regardless of whether you fit the spec exactly or not. Don’t let that put you off! If in doubt, drop us an email; we’d be more than happy to give you some advice on your application.
Apply info ->
To apply for this job, please visit jobs.ably.io.