All roles with Chainlink Labs are globally remote based. We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
We are a People team with an exciting mission: to serve the world’s very best talent in building Chainlink, a decentralized oracle network. Due to the project’s phenomenal success, we are going through a period of rapid growth and are quickly scaling up.
As our first Global Payroll Manager, you will own the blueprinting, strategy, and buildout of our payroll function. You will own multi-country payrolls and write the playbook, enabling us to swiftly hire and compensate new joiners as we enter new locations.
You will be a key player in our global expansion, building a team to support you as the company grows and using your payroll expertise to design and implement an exceptional global payroll function that integrates seamlessly into our operational systems.
If you’re a systems-minded builder who is excited about evolving our payroll function from disparate vendors into a cohesive and integrated global program, and can roll up your sleeves to move mountains – we’re excited to hear from you!
- Review our global payroll setup and processes, and suggest best-in-class changes to align, integrate, and harmonize our existing infrastructure and vendors.
- Own day-to-day global payroll operations, coordinating with vendors and the internal team to deliver pay accurately, in a timely manner, effectively, and within all regulatory, labor, and tax guidelines to employees and contractors throughout the US.and internationally
- Build a world class Global Payroll team of A-Players to support you in hyperscaling your payroll operations.
- Implement, maintain, and review high quality payroll processing systems that provide world class data integrity to the business.
- Partner with various groups within the business (e.g. People, IT and Accounting) to provide strategic direction on business needs and issues related to payroll.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure payroll is tightly integrated into business systems, suggesting appropriate systems upgrades as we scale.
- Create a playbook for entry into new countries to enable us to add new countries frequently at scale – including vendor selection, PEO/branch usage, payroll delivery, and benefits brokers.
- Develop cutting edge methodologies for handling crypto payroll reporting.
- Experience building a global payroll function in a high growth (preferably startup) environment
- Natural curiosity – we’re working at the cutting edge of tech, branching into many new locations, and leading the wave in decentralized finance. You won’t know it all already, but a passion for learning quickly is key.
- Passionate, self-starter with a can-do attitude. You’re eager to jump in and get things done, and will stay calm and collected in a fast-paced and fast changing environment
- Exposure to US labor law, tax, and compliance at the federal and state levels
- The US is our biggest location so it’s critical that you’re comfortable in that geography. If you’re newer to global payroll geographies outside the US and are open to learning fast to get up to speed, that can work too.
- Detail oriented, deadline driven and work well under pressure with a high degree of accuracy
- A leader who can flex from tactical to strategic as needed to get the job done.
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
About Chainlink Labs
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.