WAW MUZIK was born from an idea : Africa is full of music fans and talents, but no one has yet find the sustainable model for music listening.
We did it! We created an innovative model, based on micropayment and curation, that will fit the people needs as well as give artists a fair pay for their music.
Together with the leading telecommunications operator in French-speaking countries and the world leader in music production, we are about to launch our streaming music app in Ivory Coast. Thanks to the scalability of our model, we aim at becoming the leader streaming music service in West Africa in the years to come.
We therefore want to surround ourselves with passionated, talentuous, engaged and dynamic men and women, who will accompany us in this challenge.
WAW MUZIK is looking for a Full-Stack Engineer to join our engineering organization.
Come join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed systems, their scalability and continued development.
You will build the backend systems that power our application, improve our catalog and admin platform, scale highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Use your full-stack experience to design intelligent solutions that include front-end, client and back-end systems
- Collaborate closely with engineers, product designers, and product owners to perform experiments and test new ideas
- Take operational responsibility for the components that you develop
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth by providing you with challenging tasks to solve and the freedom to acquire new skills, reading groups, lectures and a variety of internal training courses
- You’re excited about delivering end-to-end experiences and care about your software architecture across the front-end, back-end, and the APIs that glue them together.
- You love working in an environment where you constantly experiment and iterate quickly.
- You care about web technologies, exploring data, user experience and design and use all of that for building user-friendly web applications
- You are passionate about writing high-quality code
- You learn quickly and enjoy working closely together with your product team to bring value to your stakeholders
- You are passionate about what you do and have a high interest in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
- You believe data is the most powerful tool for informed decision-making.
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality
- Experience with streaming scalability
- Familiarity with the music industry
To apply for this job, please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org