You can learn more about our agency and projects on our website: https://withbetter.com/
This is an application for a contract, remote developer role. The minimum hours required is 32 hours per week. However, we can offer up to 40 hours per week. This is a perfect opportunity for someone who is looking for a flexible job with a lot of freedom.
All work is asynchronous, work whenever, however you want.
- Should be able to confidently deploy new features within existing codebases
- Editing / refactoring ERB templates / views
- Testing with MiniTest + Capybara
- Model/controller refactoring and changes
- Building and maintaining API controllers and endpoints in Rails
- Interacting with common libraries and vendors, Stripe, Sendgrid, Etc.
- Ability to debug performance issues and production errors
- Solid Vanilla JS skills required for basic interaction on top of rails templates.
- Some Vue.js
- Some React Native Work. We have a dedicated React Native developer but sometimes he needs help on simpler tickets.
- We’ve also done a couple of Solidus Projects.
- Knowledge of Heroku deployment practices
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and automated deployment/testing.
- Understanding of Exception Handling and error reporting systems
- Dealing with issues
- Submitting PR’s
- Pulling / Merging with master
- Confidently be able to translate a static mockup into code
- Working knowledge of bootstrap or other CSS frameworks
- Working within design systems and reusable component design
- Working knowledge of a grid system and responsive design
- Competency and interest in design thinking and user-driven design
To apply for this job, please visit docs.google.com.