Watts is looking to hire a Full Stack Developer with Ruby on Rails and React experience to join our tea. Syncta is a small software startup backed by Watts Water Technologies, a $1.5 billion company. Our business is selling backflow software to testers and water purveyors, who ultimately keep our drinking water safe. Check us out at http://syncta.com.
We are headquartered near Portland, right off the Max, but our developers work remotely over Slac. You’d only be required in the office one week per quarter, and when we are all together, we have fun — group lunches, happy hours, Wii Sports tournaments, etc.
Our app is quite large: 140 models in app/models. Our database is PostgreSQL, and our deployment is AWS Elastic Beanstalk. We use Rspec for testing (85% cov.) and Semaphore for CI/CD. We are an Agile team and our project management is through Jira. We are looking to add a React mobile app to our Front End.
We are looking for someone passionate about solving complex problems with code, without requiring hand-holding. Our ideal candidate understands 50% of programming is Googling and searching Stack Overflow and isn’t scared off by the size of our app. Solid Ruby on Rails experience is required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Build and ship new features and services critical to our customers
- Write clear, maintainable, scalable code across multiple projects
- Write and maintain tests to ensure long-term quality of our software
- Follow bet practices for the team in terms of code/query performance
- Analyze application, job, and query performance using top of the line tools such as New Relic
- Take part in blameless retrospectives that help elevate the team and individuals to grow in their engineering skills
- Identify and resolve issues contributing to site or service unreliability within Syncta ecosystem
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
This position has no direct reports
- Both Ruby on Rails and React experience
- Comfortable in a startup environment
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud-hosting platforms
- Strong analytical and performance optimization skills
- Experience shipping platform changes in high-throughput scenarios
- Familiarity with SQL, git-flow and Jira/Agile
- Comfortable with continuous development
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work in office environment or Work in a manufacturing environment
May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside the typical office setting.
*As required by the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA)
Apply info ->
To apply for this job, please visit wattswater.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.