Why Knack? Because your work will have an impact. Knack makes a massive difference to our customers by transforming how they run their business, and in some cases their livelihoods. You’ll use modern tech to tackle immense challenges with an awesome team of engineers that care as much about you as a human being as they do about the quality of your craft.
- Work with Vue and ES6 to build and maintain Knack product features.
- Propose and implement architectural approaches for new features and refactoring legacy code.
- Improve the quality and confidence of a complex codebase with tests, audits, and performance metrics.
- Code every day. Although we expect technical and product leadership, this is primarily an executional role.
- Be an inspiring and supportive teammate by participating in PR reviews, pair programming, active feedback, idea generation, teaching, learning, and in general being a delightful human being.
- A problem solver. You aren’t afraid to go deep, experiment, learn on the fly, and do the work.
- Experienced as a meaningful contributor to a complex front-end architecture at scale.
- Humble but opinionated. You have lots of ideas, yet you are happy to shift directions when a better path emerges. You take your work much more seriously than you take yourself.
- An active collaborator. You want feedback on your work early and often, and you get a kick out of a collaborative process because it challenges you to do better work.
- Engaging beyond 1s and 0s. You understand that empathizing with our customers, building relationships with your co-workers, and going deep on the product makes you a better teammate and a better engineer.
- Comfortable being uncomfortable. You’re not afraid to have the hard conversations, participate in an environment of giving and receiving constructive feedback, and you run towards challenges instead of away from them.
- Hungry for meaningful work, and space to do it. Knack is a complex product in a complex space and the work is extremely challenging – but also deeply rewarding. Knack makes a major impact in the work of thousands of companies and organizations.
- Front-end: ES6, Vue, Vuex, Vue Router, Webpack
- Components & Design: Storybook, Atomic design, Saas, Post CSS, CSS Modules
- Testing: Mocha Unit Tests, Cypress.js, Ghost Inspector
- Back-end: Node.js, Mongo, SQL, Redis, AWS
Knack makes it easy for anyone to build applications and workflows to make their data useful. Our customers use Knack to run their processes, departments, or even their entire companies.
- We’re bootstrapped: we’ve had to build something our customers actually pay for. This changes how you do things.
- We’re 100% remote: and have been from the beginning. Every decision we’ve made has been based around optimizing our remote operations.
- We’re all a little weird: and we like it that way. We’re more than just chat avatars; we’ve all gotten to know each other, have grown together, and love working with each other.
- We enjoy the journey: we’re in this for the long haul. We’re not chasing an exit or the next round of funding. We’re building something we’re proud of and want to keep improving on.
To apply for this job, please visit www.knack.com.