We’re searching for a front-end web developer who wants to build pixel-perfect layouts (often in WordPress) that help make the world a better place.
A Bit About Us
We’re a digital marketing agency that works exclusively with organizations who have a purpose beyond profit.
We’re a tight-knit team, and everyone works remotely. Our team is located all over the United States, and in Europe, South America, and Asia. We value an ownership mentality, we’ve got each other’s backs, and we pride ourselves on our company culture. We don’t micromanage, and we’re always looking for ways to do things better.
But enough about us, let’s talk about you!
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll work closely with designers, other developers, project managers, and strategists, to build neat stuff (lots of WordPress websites, but sometimes other things) for our clients and for ourselves. You’ll set up installs, write code, customize themes, set up custom post types, page builders, launch sites, and everything in between. You’ll also have the opportunity to contribute to project strategy, help create reusable codebases, and teach (and learn from) your team members.
Generally, you’ll be working on at least a few “big” projects at once, and also pitching in with other odds and ends as they arise.
Here’s some of the stuff you’ll need to know/be able to do/enjoy:
- Extensive knowledge of WordPress. The easy parts and hard parts.
- Strong ability with HTML5 & CSS3. Clean, fast code should make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
- Deep knowledge of popular WordPress page builders, particularly Beaver Builder and Elementor, to build dynamic layouts and integrate them with custom post types and custom fields.
- A general technical knowledge of SEO, accessibility, and performance optimization.
- You should have a minimum of a few years of experience. We want someone who has seen the good, the bad, and the ugly sides of front end development and knows how to tell them apart.
- A decent eye for UI/UX best practices. You won’t be designing, but sometimes you might have to “wing it” and do something like laying out a form or setting up a mega menu that isn’t super confusing.
- Bonus: Experience working at an agency, or running your own freelance website business.
Some Pretty Neat Things About Working Here
A flexible work schedule. Unlimited vacation. Competitive pay. Participation in our annual shutdown (two weeks off, sometimes more, at the end of the year). Also, we celebrate most major holidays by not working. Most importantly, you’ll be working on projects that really matter.
We welcome applicants from around the world, but you have to be willing to work hours that have some overlap with normal business hours in at least one of the US time zones.
Please include a link to your portfolio with your application.
Apply info ->
To apply for this job, please visit www.yokoco.com.