We’re looking for a front end designer to join the Better Proposals team
Over the last 6 years, Better Proposals has grown from a simple idea for an internal tool into one of the “big 4” in the proposal space. Continued growth on a month-by-month basis is always the goal but doing it by continually innovating, creating new things and making our customers happy.
Our tool helps businesses send web-based, high-converting business proposals, contracts and other types of documents. By sending trackable, modern documents with the ability to sign and pay online, our software helps sales representatives win more clients and get paid faster.
With tens of thousands of users around the globe, we’re just getting started.
Are you “the one”?
We’re looking for a versatile designer who will be happy to visually communicate the story of Better Proposals. Your UI/UX design skills will help make our product look and feel smoother and more importantly, easier to use. Your branding and design skills will help our marketing stand out as the clear front-runner in the industry.
A day in the life
Typically you’ll be working on one of two major areas – working with the marketing team to improve the look of our existing website and marketing. Secondly, working with the product team to design new features and improve old ones.
It could be suggesting and implementing UX/UI improvements, publishing certain landing pages or giving a fresh coat of paint to pages or features that need it. Perhaps there’s a bug or issue with the website and we need to make a quick change – you’ll be expected after a while to know where to look, make the change and push it live without a problem.
In this role, you will be responsible for continually improving our software from a design and ease of use perspective. Your duties will include liaising with the CTO and CMO (depending on the project), writing clean, scalable code, following and enhancing our visual communication, fixing bugs, and deploying updates.
What you’ll do:
- Assisting with all aspects of product design.
- Attending and contributing to team meetings.
- Learning the codebase.
- Writing and maintaining code.
- Working on minor bug fixes.
- Suggesting UX improvements.
- Working on various design tasks across different areas of our SaaS business.
- Remote work in a global company, with a friendly and hard-working team.
- Opportunity to grow within the company, head up departments and earn promotions and pay rises.
- Flexible working hours
- £30,000 – £50,000 depending on skills, location and experience
- Birthday and Christmas bonuses
- Sizeable annual bonus based on personal performance and company performance
- 3 weeks holiday + 1 week for every year, capped at 6 weeks.
- In-depth knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3.
- Basic knowledge of git or another SVN (not required).
- Ideally, you have experience working in a SaaS before but not essential.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly.
- Detail-orientated and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and estimate timeframes accurately.
Feel it’s a good match? We can’t wait to meet you!
Send us your CV and examples of your previous work (this could be a link to github or a portfolio) to the address below together with a short cover letter.
No recruitment agencies please.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 16th May