We’re looking for a talented Back-End Python developer. For this position, you will be helping our customers to build insurance products while designing, building, and maintaining quality APIs. You will contribute to improving operational excellence in performance, security, and scalability.
Stack Builders is a software consultancy based in New York with offices in Quito, Ecuador. We deliver high-quality software and work on interesting projects with a diverse, dynamic and passionate environment. We value intellectual curiosity, strong communication skills, and great programming abilities.
Be part of a diverse team that knows how to have fun while creating software that changes people’s lives!
We are looking for someone eager to work remotely, from anywhere in the world, with the following abilities:
- Advanced spoken and written English skills.
- Good knowledge of using Python for data processing and application development (Django, Flask, SQLAlchemy).
- Deliver high-quality code at consistent velocity with test-driven development practices and OOP.
- Interest in modern and RESTful API design principles while developing a highly-scalable application.
- Work closely with the team to select and implement the technical architecture of assigned projects.
- Problem solver, you can both debug code and define the architecture of new features.
- Provides technical support of existing web applications and services.
- As a team, we value good communication, creativity, and a strong work ethic. You must have the ability to work well in a team, as well as autonomously.
- Be able to work full-time, overlapping some hours with the UTC time zone.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with PostgreSQL.
- Experience with non-relational databases such as BigTable, Redis, CouchDB, RethinkDB or Elasticsearch.
To assess your code quality, please submit the link to your GitHub page or similar. We will be looking for clean, well-structured code, as well as automated tests.
If you are living in Ecuador, please apply through our portal for any in-house full-time employee positions that may be available. This position is not open to agencies or consulting firms.
Stack Builders is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or pregnancy.
You can learn more about us visiting https://www.stackbuilders.com/ or take a look at our blog posts and tutorials to see some contributions from our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us are:
- Strong learning culture
- Regular pairing sessions
- Challenging projects
- Opportunities for company-sponsored conference participation and technical talks
- Exceptionally talented and passionate coworkers
Apply info ->
To apply for this job, please visit apply.workable.com.