We’re looking to hire people with the potential to be the best C-Level Executive Assistant in the world. This person will be the extension of the arms and legs of the person(s) they support and establish a high-level partnership. We’re headquartered in California (in that town with the beautiful bridge), but the job’s location can be anywhere in the US. To start, this role is part-time (20 hours/week), with a high potential to become full time (40 hours/week) in the near future. Work will mostly be via web and phone and hours of work will be based on US-West coast time. All training and work will be done remotely wherever you are, but you need to have a reliable computer and the ability to keep it running.
- Expert English Speaker: You need to be able to expertly speak and write fluent English at the native level.
- Self-confident: You can communicate professionally and confidently with seasoned business contacts. Heck, you would even impress the president of the United States.
- Highly communicative: You believe that many issues and challenges do not even arise if you communicate well. You can’t remember ever being accused of talking too little.
- Attention to detail: You love details – if you could, you would grow them in your yard, feed them daily and never let even one get away.
- Learning: You thrive on advancing your skills and knowledge and have done your share of self-learning.
- Thinking ahead: You enjoy thinking one step ahead for the people you work with, solving needs before they even arise in their minds.
- Problem solver: You have a proven skill of evaluating how to best solve a given (expected or unexpected) challenge. You believe there’s always a solution and you’ll find it faster than Indiana Jones.
- Reliable and Professional: Within just a few short weeks, the person you’re supporting will build a high-level of confidence and trust in you.
- You can write!: You might not be the next Hemingway, but you enjoy writing well and get mad every time those silly little things called “typos” creep up on you.
- Listening is an art form: You understand the value of listening and love collecting more information than just the words that are being said.
- Technology is fun: You might not have earned the honors of being called a “geek” but if given a piece of technology (a service, software or hardware), you will make it purr like a cat.
Task and Time Management
- Record all tasks assigned and perform in appropriate system(s)
- Keep accurate and detailed records of time spent on tasks in appropriate system
- Prioritize different types of tasks and meet deadlines
- Consistently stay up to date on task management and communicate effectively regarding what is most important
- Manage Executive’s time based closely to their priorities
- Have confidence and sound judgement in pushing back on the Executive when they get distracted from their top priorities
- Expertly maintain and update calendar based on Executive’s preferences in a fast-paced environment
- Ensure all meetings are set up for success – including having accurate locations, contact details, links, codes, etc.
- Confirm appointments and alert Executive of any conflicts or updates
- When necessary, book travel and accommodations for Executive
- Track action items committed to in meetings
- Plan for future interactions that Executive may want to deliver to their network
- Create follow-up emails based on information provided by the meeting owner
- Record information collected from the meeting owner in a contact database
- Receive and transcribe email dictations for Executive
- Process emails for Executive and indicate priority of emails in their inbox
- Draft email responses when possible that Executive can edit and send
- Scan and extract valuable information communicated via email
- Alert Executive of any urgent emails that need to be seen or acted on
- Clean unnecessary noise in the inbox that Executive doesn’t want to see
- Identify opportunities to produce new interactions based on context gathered via email review
Management of Contact Database
- Enter new contact information into CRM
- Update existing contact information
- Manage LinkedIn connections, when appropriate
- Maintain contact database organization
- Perform various internet-based research
- Perform prospect research
Any other responsibilities that might arise while performing this job.
(This is important) Please only apply if:
- You are willing to write a customized response to this job post and send to the address below
- You have at least 1 year of successful experience working remotely
- You have experience working in a fast-past and high-volume environment and/or as an Admin at the Executive level
Unfortunately, if you do not meet these requirements, we will not be able to respond.
Congratulations, you have made it to the end of this job posting! That might already qualify you for this job. We can’t wait.