The Rocket Travel team is based in Chicago’s West Loop, but is currently fully remote. Remote employment is an option for this role, but once it’s safe to travel and our office re-opens, periodic trips to Chicago will be encouraged.
- Building, maintaining, and supporting our AWS resources
- Jenkins deployment tooling
- Increasing our infrastructure-as-code coverage and automation
- Leading the transition to a platform for container orchestration
- Triaging security issues and shaping our security policies
- Assisting engineering with scaling, performance, and application monitoring
- Monitoring AWS costs and suggesting optimizations
- Providing service to our engineering group and sharing knowledge
- AWS-hosted cloud architecture
- Infrastructure increasingly implemented in Terraform
- GitHub for code management
- Jenkins for CI/CD
- Container management
- Third party services: DataDog, Cloudflare, and others
- Advanced experience with AWS, especially EC2, RDS, S3, IAM, and networking.
- Experience leading a team and managing engineers, and interest in helping team members learn and grow.
- Experience leading large team projects, from requirement gathering to implementation.
- Experience administering and tuning application stacks and databases.
- Familiarity with security best practices within application and AWS contexts.
- Linux systems administration experience.
- Proficiency in task automation via scripting.
- Experience building and enhancing CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with container orchestration
- Having ownership of our cloud infrastructure and strategic roadmap.
- Leading an excellent team of systems engineers and helping them grow professionally.
- Collaborating closely with teammates with a track record for delivering great products.
- Developing software using AWS, GitHub, Slack, modern development practices, and the best tools available.
- Receiving a competitive compensation package, including bonus, health/dental insurance, life insurance, and 401k matching.
- Choosing your own computer and remote work setup.
- Receiving a monthly cell phone stipend.
- Enjoying flexible PTO policy and free travel credits.
- Learning at periodic engineering lunch-and-learns.
- Enjoying free snacks, drinks, and coffee at our Chicago office in the West Loop (when it reopens).
Candidates should be authorized to accept employment in the US from any employer, should be willing to start within three weeks of accepting an offer, and should be able to work the same daily working hours as our Chicago office.
Rocket Travel is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job, please visit boards.greenhouse.io.