Cinchapi is seeking an Engineering Manager that is eager to get her hands dirty building a world-class software team. In this role, you’ll serve as the company’s day-to-day technical expert, manage individual contributors and drive the implementation of an innovative technical vision across across our product suite. As the Engineering Manager, you’ll wear many hats. On a given day, you’ll function as team lead, project manager, software architect and scrum master – whatever is necessary to ensure that the team ships quality products.
An ideal candidate is somewhat with recent hands-on software development experience and team lead responsibilities. Cinchapi uses Java on the backend and Vue on the frontend, so deep experience in these technology stacks is preferred.
This is a full-time remote position. The compensation for this position is a salary of $95,000.
Technologies we use
- Core Cinchapi platforms and products provide the foundation for customer deployments.
- Java for backend services.
- VueJS and D3 for frontend applications.
- Docker, Google Cloud and AWS for infrastructure.
What you’ll do
- Recruit, manage and grow a team of highly skilled engineers across the stack.
- Serve as scrum master for core product development.
- Oversee technical decision making in accordance with the CEOs technical vision.
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Create plans for prioritizing technical and resourcing challenges in the Engineering organization.
- Maintain a prioritized backlog with short and long term goals
- Evangelize new technologies, solutions and best practices both within and outside your direct team.
- Serve as an expert in residence around infrastructure scaling, system architecture code structure and microservices.
- Continuously lead the team’s effort to balance continuous and iterative shipping with long term investments in code stability and scalability.
- Work closely with the CEO and other senior leaders to set technology standards across the organization.
- Participate in peer code reviews.
- Help review and manage contributions from open source community members.
What we’re looking for
- Team lead experience.
- A well articulated software development and team building philosophy.
- Advanced experience with Java and the JVM that goes beyond the basics of simply writing code that runs on the JVM.
- A thorough understanding of the CAP theorem.
- Knowledge of database internals and appreciation for the inner-workings of complex storage systems.
- A demonstrated understanding of various challenges associated with distributed systems at scale and experience overcoming them.
- Experience working with document-oriented NoSQL databases.
- Experience working with SQL databases.
- Experience with Docker or containerization, in general.
- Experience with Bash and the Linux command line (i.e. a knack for creating shell scripts to automate system administration tasks).
- A willingness to work in a startup environment where you’ll wear multiple hats, juggle lots of competing priorities and work until the job is done.
- Experience using Docker.
- General knowledge of unit testing or test driven development.
- Knowledge of CI/CD.
What we’d love to see
- A familiarity with ConcourseDB, Cinchapi’s open-source distributed database warehouse for transactions, search and analytics across time.
- A history of contributing to open source projects.
- Previous experience working on and leading remote teams.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to the address below.
Apply info ->
To apply for this job, please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org