As an Engineering Manager at Beachy, you’ll be helping to run the day to day of the Engineering Team. What this means might be running a standup and checking in on the status of tickets and features in our ScrumBan process. Helping to unblock or even solving technical issues. Having direct 1-on-1s with your engineers to continue our tight knit team atmosphere. Maybe even acting as a rubber ducky (who can maybe quack too) for stuck engineers.
Long term at Beachy you should expect to be hiring more engineers and engineering managers along side the VP of Engineering. There is absolutely room for growth here and you should expect to have a large impact on Beachy’s future.
Now that you’re interested in the role, what do we do at Beachy? Beachy’s main offering is primarily a B2B cloud based platform that manages beach resorts and beachside vendor rentals that integrate with both Property Management Systems and Point of Sale Systems (PMS/POS) so that we can reliably and quickly deliver food and drink. Basically: we enable you to book your beach chair like you book your airline ticket. Then when you get to your seat you can get your margarita and nachos quicker and with less hassle than ever. And we do this all on the beach, where the internet is terrible and the wifi is nonexistant.
Beachy’s Engineering team is lean and looking to get better with you. We take pride in our work and you should to. You will be given the trust and freedom to act independently. We believe a successful team is one that moves forward together, even when we disagree on a topic. We value empathy and our team relationships, because life happens and we’re not just robots doing work. We care about our customers, because we care about our people, and our customers are very much a part of Beachy too. We wish we could solve all of our people’s problems and we try to solve them, but we know we cannot do it all, but we can at least do some.
- Having worked in and on Software Engineering teams is a must, 5+ years
- In a perfect world you know ruby and have implemented things in Rails and/or iOS
- You have experience with Agile or other iterative development processes
- You care about people and making your engineer’s lives better
- You care about the engineering process and want to improve that through your career as a manager
- Jira experience is a nice plus (or maybe you have something better?)
- Experience hiring engineers is a plus
- You can trust a team but also verify what they’re doing when it’s needed
- You work remote – Beachy is fully remote and we have engineers all over: North America (most), Europe and Africa
- Real equity – we are a startup after all
- Unlimited vacation
- Other fringe benefits (there might be a company owned beach house or two)
- Generally too much swag – the CEO has a thing for swag.
Beachy’s Tech Stack
- Ruby on Rails
- Postgres – with some bits of PostGIS
- Looker (BI Tool)
If you’re interested in applying: do it. Send us your resume and whatever else you think helps (github/website/etc…)
Apply info ->
To apply for this job, please email your details to email@example.com