Yup is an education technology company that was founded on a simple yet powerful vision: empower every student to learn. Yup provides schools with 24/7 access to math tutoring so students can learn on their own schedule. Our service promotes long-term math success: with each session, students improve their ability to understand and solve any new problem, not just one that fits a specific pattern. Our teaching methods were rigorously developed with education professionals with decades of teaching experience.
Yup is proudly backed by Stanford University’s StartX and Sesame Street’s VC, Collab + Sesame. Yup has provided academic support to students across the USA, and is looking for passionate folks to help make a difference in every student’s life!
We’re looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer to join our team. Your impact will span the entire company as you work cross functionally to build the best experiences for our Students, Tutors, Schools, and fellow Yuppers! Your critical thinking and opinions will direct the course of our math tutoring service and shape Yup’s culture.
- Product minded, aiming to deliver the best software experience for our users
- Proud of writing modular, testable, well designed code that follows engineering best practices
- Learning continuously, honing your craft as an engineer and professional
- Curious and seek the truth by asking questions and pushing for clarity
- Build and improve features for our Students, Tutors, and Schools
- Advocate for new technologies, tools, and processes to ensure a high performing engineering team
- Own end-to-end implementation of systems/products with high autonomy
- Receive forthright and thoughtful feedback at every opportunity
- Grow with the company as a leader and mentor
- 3+ years of experience building consumer-facing software that is easy to use and easy to change
- Used Vue.js or similar frameworks (React, Angular) to build production grade apps
- Used Postgres or another relational database
- Maintained and improved fault-tolerant infrastructure using Netlify, Heroku, and AWS (Lambda, RDS, SQS, etc.) or similar platforms
- Actively applied architectural principles and design patterns to improve new and existing code
Benefits of working at Yup include:
- Competitive salary & stock options commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Free Yup Tutoring Access for Family Members
- Professional Development stipend
- Access to 401K plan
Apply info ->
To apply for this job, please visit yup.com.