At Hopin, we’re reimagining events. Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
Founded in 2019, Hopin brings brands and communities together around highly interactive and engaging experiences. We believe that people should have access to the conversations, moments and ideas they care most about, no matter where they are. Through our highly scalable platform, participants are able to learn, engage, and connect from anywhere in the world.
Hopin started as a virtual events solution but we have since meaningfully expanded our offering from virtual events to hybrid and in-person events, as well as video and workplace collaboration products. This growth has been fueled by a series of strategic acquisitions, including: Boomset – an all-in-one event management platform; Attendify – advancing Event Marketing products; StreamYard – unveiling a video production Studio; video hosting service Streamable and video technology company Jamm.
Listed as one of the 2021 Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators, Hopin has scaled to 800+ employees working remotely across 47 countries. Valued at $7.75B, Hopin raised a $450M Series D round of financing and is backed by top tier investors, including Arena Holdings, Altimeter Capital, Adam Street Partners, Untitled Investments, XN Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, GIC, IVP, Northzone, Salesforce Ventures, Slack, Temasek and Tiger Global.
Choosing the Jamm team, you’ll join a team of expert engineers working on greenfield projects shaping the future of remote collaboration.
You’ll be fully remote but supported by the whole team, and your work will impact thousands of people every week.
You’ll mostly work on logic-heavy frontends, taking full ownership of whole features. We work in Agile sprints with Vue.js, TypeScript, Nodejs and GraphQL.
- Collaborate with product and design to bring gorgeous, innovative UIs to life.
- Work with mobile and server engineers to design and develop new SDKs.
- Test features as you build them leveraging unit and automated testing.
- Coach developers in other teams on how to use our powerful video components.
- Ensure code quality and performance diagnosing and fixing bugs.
- Contribute to the team’s growth through code reviews.
- Collaborate with product and use data to continuously improve our product performance and reliability.
- You have experience working as a full stack engineer on logic-heavy frontends and APIs too.
- You have excellent knowledge of front-end frameworks. We use Vue, but experience in React or Angular is ok too.
- You have experience with using Nodejs and GraphQL
- You believe in the importance of testing and have experience writing automated tests.
- You like to learn and grow, and are excited by taking full ownership of your work.
- You’re a strong communicator and understand how to communicate in a remote/asynchronous environment.
Nice to have
- You have experience building real-time applications for example using technologies such as WebRTC, WebSockets, GraphQL subscriptions, Firebase real-time database.
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we’re committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It’s essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn’t just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.