We’re looking to hire an Elixir Developer to join our team. This person would work within our development team to improve and add to features as well as to help build brand new products to support our students from over 85 countries around the world.
You’ll be working on some brand new features and tools to improve and develop SuperHi (top secret!) and to upgrade our current tools that teach tens of thousands of students.
This is a mid-to-senior level role and will be our first full time backend hire.
This is a remote role though we’re ideally looking for candidates between UTC-5 to UTC+1 (East coast USA, UK and mainland Europe times) to overlap slightly with who you’ll be working with
- Elixir (of course!)
- Phoenix — the main framework for Elixir
- Database design – maintaining and iterating
- GraphQL, Absinthe – it’s how our tools talk to our API
- Excited by the internet and keep up with new technologies
- Strong communication and written English skills
- Strong planning, team working and delivery focused
- Strong empathy skills
- Experience working remotely
- Experience working in a growing startup environment
- Open to teaching – all of the SuperHi team help our students learn
- High performance, highly-available apps — our API serves a massive amount of traffic
- Phoenix channels, GraphQL subscriptions
- Stripe integration
- Git, GitHub
- JSON Web Tokens
- You’ll be working on the tech that underpins all of SuperHi; to improve the experience of current and future students and to help automate educational processes
- Being a role model to thousands of students taking our coding courses – no egos, please!
And you’ll also be a key member of our full team.
- We offer competitive salary
- We offer health, dental and vision insurance for US employees
- We offer a stipend to get a workspace local to you if you prefer not to work at home
- Paid sick and vacation days
- Company provided equipment (laptop, screens, standing desks, etc)
- Annual education budget
- Annual work together budget
- Annual vacation bonus (we want you to take time off!)
- Annual health + fitness budget
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome anyone of any gender, race, sexuality, ability, background, age, etc. to apply. Diversity and inclusion is very important to SuperHi – our students come from all walks of life and our team should reflect that too.
If this sounds interesting and fun to you, please apply by sending us your cover letter and Resume.
Apply info ->
To apply for this job, please visit www.superhi.com.