Follow Up Boss is at a unique point in our growth stage – we’ve been able to build a robust and strong product and brand that our customers are drawn to and align with (not to mention a profitable, self-funded company).
Our strongest performing lead generator has historically been referrals from happy customers; our customer support and success are second-to-none. While there is both direct and indirect competition in our space, we feel like we’re well-positioned as the real estate CRM leader and believe there is ample room for continued growth in the market.
We’ve gotten to this point largely without any real “Marketing Engine” and believe we need to now add this as a primary focus for the business. We feel that in order to achieve the growth targets we’ve set for the company it is imperative we actively promote and create awareness of the Follow Up Boss product and brand to the right customers (i.e. agencies and teams needing a CRM solution).
Our focus has never been on outward promotion or brand positioning and we feel that needs to change and we need someone to own that process.
We’re looking for someone who can develop and execute a strategic marketing plan consisting of aggressive demand generation programs, strategic product marketing and content plans, digital campaigns, event/experience initiatives, and comprehensive sales and partner enablement initiatives designed to deliver on revenue and growth targets – while important, we’re not looking for someone to focus on drip campaigns, on-boarding experience or incremental growth ideas. We need someone who understands and can focus on the big picture, increasing the top of the funnel; someone who can help us be noticed, be seen and be found.
We don’t currently have a marketing team, so much of the work this role will entail is the practical day-to-day stuff. We want someone who understands marketing analytics, can cut through the BS and help us focus on the right metrics and growth drivers.
We’re looking for someone to completely own this side of the business and lead the strategy and execution – we’re looking for an “A Player”: someone who’s done this before in a similar stage company, in a similar industry, with a similar product offering and price point.
Who Is Follow Up Boss?
- We’re a powerful, intuitive, sales-focused CRM for real estate teams (and we use our own product)
- We’re a self-funded, profitable company started back in April of 2011
- We’re a remote company with a mostly US-based team
- We don’t just claim to be customer-centric – we live it: https://www.facebook.com/followupboss/reviews
- Check out our video on how we work: https://www.followupboss.com/about/
Why Work With Us?
- We’re a young, ambitious company who only answers to our customers
- Opportunity to have a big impact on our growth and your career
- 100% Remote
- Annual Team Retreats + mini-departmental retreats
- Highly competitive salary
- Best-in-class Benefits Package (Medical, Dental 100% premiums paid)
- 4 Weeks PTO + Sick Leave + 8 Holidays
- Parental Leave (12 wks primary caregiver / 6 wks secondary caregiver)
- Home office upgrade stipend
- Yearly money to spend on education and self-improvement
- Fun perks like free coffee, birthday off and a monthly fitness stipend
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and executing a strategic marketing plan consisting of aggressive demand generation programs, strategic product marketing and content plans, digital campaigns, event/experience initiatives, and comprehensive sales and partner enablement initiatives designed to deliver on revenue and growth targets
- Leading and driving investment in demand generation and ROI across all marketing channels
- Growing and acquiring monthly free trials – successful past experience is a must!
- Owning and leading the creation of marketing and communications strategies and tactics that build our brand visibility
- Taking risks – ideally, you are a big idea marketer who is capable of leading teams to develop new strategies and tactics to build our brand, drive traffic to the top of the funnel, resulting in high revenue growth targets
- Ensuring marketing plans are developed in a highly collaborative manner with other key stakeholders
- Translating the marketing plan into actionable quarterly targets and initiatives, keeping the team and budget on schedule
- Continuous analysis of competitive environment and industry trends
- Building marketing culture ruthlessly focused on customer experience and revenue, highly collaborative and cross-functional, and encourages transparent communication and constructive idea building and dialogue
- Minimum experience of 5 years in B2B SaaS software marketing (experience in the real estate market a plus!)
- Ability to grow and lead a small team but not just seeking a hands-off management role
- Proven track record of creating and driving a marketing strategy that delivers on brand/product promises, creates engaging customer experiences, enables the sales process, and drives revenue growth
- Collaborative by nature with proven effectiveness working with key internal stakeholders to shape and execute vision and strategy; can influence without authority
- Possess a test and learn mentality
- Experience as a member of a leadership team
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal skillset
- Experience owning improvement on a top of the funnel marketing strategy
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Remote work experience is considered an asset.
- Based in the USA; quiet home office with fast internet.
What our team thinks about working here (Glass Door reviews):
I have worked in the SaaS industry for almost 10 years and this is by far the best company I have ever worked for. The CEO and CTO truly have a passion for the customer and the industry they are in. The work environment is relaxed but the best is expected from each person. The company itself is remote and employees are spread throughout the United States (great perk!).
This is the first job I have had where I like going to work. The team is helpful and encouraging. We all have that dream list of ways we want management to treat us as employees and they go beyond that here. It the first time I have seen an owner care about his employee’s. It directly translates to motivated and sharp team members.
It is great to see everyone excited at a company, where we have a focus on making something great for our customers and providing them with the best support possible.
Apply info ->
To apply for this job, please visit boards.greenhouse.io.