Quantic School of Business and Technology is an accredited international university with students and alumni from 50 states and over 100 countries. We’re on a mission to democratize access to high quality education programs and career advancement opportunities. Quantic offers MBA and Executive MBA degrees and combines the best of traditional top MBA programs with the next generation of interactive online learning. Founded by the former CEO and fellow executives of Rosetta Stone, Quantic is a rapidly expanding company seeking candidates who thrive in a fast-paced environment with opportunity for growth.
Quantic is hiring a DevOps Engineer, based remotely in the United States, to help us grow and manage our interactive learning platform, content authoring tools, alumni network, and supporting services. In this role, you’ll work with our engineering team as we continue to build and scale our flagship platform to learners around the world. As part of a rapidly growing startup, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a variety of initiatives, including the design, development, operation, and automation of modern infrastructure components that power our next-generation university. Our team works in a highly collaborative environment,and we expect our engineers to be versatile and enthusiastic about learning to tackle new problems every day, often working directly with stakeholders across the organization.
An aside: while this job description lists a number of specific skills, the role will be tailored to the unique attributes of the individual that eventually joins. We encourage you to apply if you love collaborating in a positive environment with other engineers in support of a growing userbase.
- 3+ years of experience with the AWS platform (EKS, RDS, VPC, IAM preferred)
- 3+ years of experience managing relational databases (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and corresponding best practices
- Experience writing, profiling, and optimizing SQL
- Experience with modern CI/CD pipelines
- Solid foundation in Linux system administration and security best practices
- Experience architecting secure networks
- Authorization to work in the US
- BS degree in Computer Science or a similar field of study
- Comprehensive understanding of full-stack performance optimization
- Experience tuning PostgreSQL, Redis, Redshift, Nginx, and Puma
- Experience with multi-region deployments
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools (Prometheus and Grafana preferred)
- Knowledge of resource scaling theory and implementation
- Familiarity with GitOps and ChatOps automation
- Experience at an agile start-up
- Competitive salary + options
- Generous paid time off
- Student loan assistance
- Remote-first culture; distributed team
To apply for this job, please visit apply.workable.com.