Do you have a demonstrable track record as a Senior Ruby on Rails developer for at least five years? Do you want to use your skills to help our product to the next level and accelerate our growth with your experience? Then you are the Ruby on Rails developer we are looking for!
- You build robust, scalable applications to facilitate the growth of the Goboony platform.
- You will take over an important part of the responsibilities and tasks of our lead developer, who will have more time to manage the team. You become his right hand.
- You work with a team of other back-end, front-end developers and UI / UX designers on new features.
- You improve the quality of the code by writing unit tests, automation and code reviews.
- You ensure that we always have the latest technologies and that our applications are up-to-date.
Who are you?
- 5+ years of experience as a Ruby on Rails back end developer and wants to make the step to a company with its own application.
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in information technology (or comparable) and you achieve exceptionally high scores.
- You have an entrepreneurial character, a high sense of responsibility and you always want to know exactly how everything works.
- Your English is fluent both written as speech (Dutch would be a plus).
- You are available full-time.
- You write clean, consistently efficient and reusable Ruby code.
- Experience with the Ruby on Rails framework and PostgreSQL.
- Python is a plus.
- Experienced in writing Rspec tests.
- Asynchronous job processing and management via SideKiq.
- Experience with fragment caching.
- Git is your second nature.
- Experience with applications running on Heroku.
- You have a feeling for UX / UI and ease of use.
What we offer
- Freedom! Freedom is what we stand for. Freedom to develop your own ideas, freedom to show initiative, take responsibility and develop yourself.
- A responsible role in a growing development team in which you will play a key role as the direct right hand of our lead developer.
- Working with a young and driven team.
- Remote working is certainly possible.
- Conditions in line with the market and 25 vacation days.
- A Macbook.
- Room for personal growth and development.
Original post here.
To apply for this job, please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org