The DevOps Team and Why We’re Hiring
The Harvest Operations Team currently consists of the Team Lead, five Operations Engineers, one Application Security Engineer, and one Database Engineer. Collectively, the DevOps Team is responsible for keeping all applications running smoothly. The team has a wide range of responsibilities and lots of leeway to have fun in the process. Engineers on the DevOps team can self-select which projects to work on, choosing what interests them most.
We are currently looking for another Database Engineer to work closely with our Senior Database Engineer. We are designing new production systems in Google Cloud and this will be a good opportunity for someone who has specific experience designing cloud database infrastructure.
Database Engineer Responsibilities
Working alongside our friendly Senior Database Engineer, we’d be looking to you to guide our efforts in all areas of database design, performance, and reliability. You’ll champion performance, and encourage best practices, on all database projects across multiple teams. We rely heavily on MySQL to store our data, but we also use Elasticsearch, Redis, and Memcache currently.
Collaborating with product developers, and operations team members, you’ll be working to make sure our database infrastructure performs reliably. This typically includes translating application requirements to schema, examining indexes, query analysis, deploying clustering tools, designing backup solutions, investigating caching issues, and more.
You might see an opportunity to provide value to Harvest customers with enhanced data reporting functionality, and we’d be looking to you to collaborate with different teams across the organization to help roll new product features out.
Experience and Qualifications
- Managing MySQL infrastructure which is processing tens of thousands of queries per second
- You’ve helped to run a SaaS web application in production as part of an engineering team
- Troubleshooting and tuning complex SQL queries
- Improving schema migration processes on large, busy tables
- Implementing caching strategies
- Devising monitoring tools for database infrastructure
- Understanding cloud infrastructure
- Experience with the Go programming language and Kubernetes operators is a big plus, though not required
We are a flexible remote-first work environment, and we are looking for candidates who are able to work hours with a 2-hour to 3-hour overlap to Central Standard Time.
Apply info ->
To apply for this job, please visit apply.workable.com.