Kaiju Capital Management (Kaiju) is a small- to medium-sized Hedge Fund. We are a fully-remote company and have experienced significant growth in the last 8-12 months.
The Technology division comprises most of the Kaiju staff and is divided into 2 main teams: AI and Engineering. The Technology division is responsible for building and maintaining internal web-based applications, bespoke AI models, and working closely with the Trading team to find, create, and manage trading opportunities and strategies.
Our unique and proprietary web-applications and AI models have allowed us to not only have an incredibly well-organized and risk-balanced portfolio, but also to thrive during severe market downturns. We’re constantly improving and finding new opportunities to pivot or expand our trading.
An experienced C/C++ developer that will support and enhance our backend financial market data systems used by our AI and Data Science team and by our AI-driven trading systems.
- Deliver high-quality C or C++ code including testing, maintenance and documentation as part of a continuous production-grade operation
- Being able to understand how to optimise for speed and memory where applicable
- Work with dynamic memory allocation and use basic C data types and memory pointers
- Work with low level data structures and algorithms, such as sorting and parsing of large throughputs of data
- Work closely with other remote team members and participate in peer code reviews
- Take great care to ensure you’re delivering quality code and participate in documentation and process improvement
- 3 years of experience in design, development, testing, maintenance and documentation of applications in C or C++
- Some experience in developing code optimised for performance (speed and memory management)
- A reasonable experience working with UNIX/Linux scripting.
- A reasonable experience working with control version systems (git) and collaborative tools (Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Able to work US Eastern Time Zone schedule
- Fluent English written and verbal
- Exposure to data science libraries or languages such as Numpy/R/Matlab/Pandas
- Exposure to Python
- Exposure to Go
- Exposure in developing C++ macros/templates
Our AI & Data Backend Stack…
- C and C++
- This is a full-time contract position with competitive consulting rates
- Flexible PTO
- Support for continuing education
- This is a remote position. Work from anywhere in the world
Serious inquiries only. There will be a screening process with an online skills assessment and at least two interviews.
Kaiju Capital Management Limited has been certified as an Approved Investment Manager in the British Virgin Islands.
Kaiju is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t discriminate, nor do we tolerate discrimination or harassment. We base all hiring decisions on the job requirements, business needs, and individual qualifications.