Are you passionate about technology education? We are MIT Horizon, a new initiative within MIT Open Learning committed to supporting MIT’s mission to advance knowledge and educate students in science, technology, and other areas of scholarship that will best serve the nation and the world in the 21st century. Our vision is to educate the global workforce on emerging technologies with MIT’s expert, impartial, update-to-date online library. For more information about MIT Horizon, please visit horizon.mit.edu.
Under minimal supervision, manage a portfolio of complex commercial partnerships with senior executives at a variety of large customers including Fortune 500 companies and government organizations. Be responsible for the overall success and satisfaction of our partners, ensuring they realize the full value of the product. Build and manage customer relationships with senior (SVP and VP level) HR and business unit leaders, acting as their trusted advisor by delivering a variety of services including onboarding, engagement support, data analytics reviews and custom curation. Develop these relationships into MIT Horizon champions, while driving opportunities to upsell new licenses and ensure renewals. Interface with all major business functions within the MIT Horizon initiative including marketing, sales and product development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for all post-sale customer activities for the MIT Horizon initiative across a portfolio of assigned accounts. Of primary importance are establishing trusted advisor relationships with a wide variety of executives and learning professionals at large companies and government organizations, as well as delivering a variety of services including user and organization onboarding, ongoing engagement support, usage and product reviews, and custom content curation. Be the primary point of contact for customers.
- Be responsible for all commercial expansions and renewals for a portfolio of MIT Horizon customers.
- Be an advocate for customer needs within internal MIT Horizon team discussions.
- Proactively identify account risks and develop mitigation plans (coordinating activities internally within MIT Horizon and external with customers) to resolve.
- Identify opportunities to optimize and improve customer success workflows and toolset to better serve customers.
- Participate as an active member of the MIT Horizon core team including close involvement in all customer-facing initiatives, while developing strong internal relationships with members of product, sales, and marketing teams.
Advanced degree (MS or MBA) or equivalent.
Five years of relevant experience or equivalent.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to initiate and develop strong professional relationships with senior business leaders.
- Proven ability to deliver services and support to large businesses and/or governments.
- Proven ability to manage expansions and renewals for B2B SaaS products.
- Proven ability to work independently in an unstructured, startup environment.
Submit resume and cover letter explaining the skills needed to be a successful customer success manager and why you would be a great fit for the position to Kristine Jacobs, Director of Customer Success. Position remote or in Cambridge, MA.
Apply info ->
To apply for this job, please visit careers.peopleclick.com.