At Close, we’re building the sales communication and collaboration platform of the future. With our roots as the very first sales CRM to include built-in calling, we’re leading the industry in sales automation—helping companies to close more deals, faster than ever. Since our founding in 2013, we’ve grown to become a fully profitable, 100% globally distributed team of 34 high-performing, happy people that are dedicated to building a product our customers love.
We are seeking a Content Marketing Specialist that will be instrumental in growing the success of our marketing efforts via product education, industry thought leadership, and social content. The ideal candidate has a track record of creating actionable, data-backed content assets for tech, B2B, and/or SaaS companies and products.
The successful candidate will be customer-oriented, self-motivated and results-driven.
About The Role
You will be responsible for the creation of content marketing assets from conception and production through promotion. Additionally, you will align our marketing content with the features and benefits of the Close sales platform, to drive user engagement and new trials/conversions. You’ll work closely with Danny (Director of Marketing) and our motley crew of marketing crushers.
The main KPIs owned by the Content Marketing Specialist:
– Increase blog and marketing site traffic through quality content and a world-class promotion strategy
– Increase time on page and engagement metrics Increase number of new email subscribers
– Increase following and engagement on our social channels
– Produce actionable, high quality written, graphic, and video content on a consistent on-going basis
- Create high quality sales related resources including, but not limited to, eBooks, white papers, case studies, blog posts and short videos on a consistent basis
- Maximize the promotion and engagement of our content on and off-site through CTAs, forms, social shares, influencer outreach, and more
- Execute and optimize our SEO strategy to drive new, targeted visits
- Edit third party and external contributor content for brand alignment and SEO
- Produce short videos and graphics that enhance our content and highlight our product offeringLead the launch and promotion of major content releases on a monthly basis (on and off-site)Write original sales and marketing related content including but not limited to, sales decks, email streams, social posts, guest posts, and landing page copy
- Analyze our traffic and engagement metrics and use these learnings to optimize our content approach on an ongoing basis
- Continuously research the sales and marketing space and apply this knowledge to our content efforts (competitors, market trends, etc)
- Provide recommendations on campaigns and tactics to improve our content marketing approach
- 3+ years experience working within a tech or SaaS organization, where your efforts positively contributed to company growth through content
- 2+ years in a content marketing role, with a track record of successfully producing high-quality content quickly on an ongoing basis
- EXPERT writing ability in a wide variety of styles (technical, longform, copywriting, etc) with clarity and relatability
- Strong passion for the sales and marketing space (products, trends, etc)
- Project management expertise—can coordinate and juggle a variety of projects from conception through production and ensure alignment with other internal teams when necessary (Product, Customer Success, Sales, etc).
- Foundational knowledge of common marketing analytics and campaign management platforms (analytics, popular ESPs, ad networks, social platforms, etc)
- Intermediate off-site and on-site SEO experience
- Bonus points for the following skill sets: Front-end coding (HTML/CSS/JS, GitHub) and/or Design and video (editing, Photoshop, graphics creation, etc)
As a Content Marketing Specialist at Close, your primary job is to provide actionable and entertaining content to our target customer base, while reinforcing the value proposition of our product. You’ve got a knack for online research and the ability to transform complicated concepts into digestible, action-oriented content. You understand that brand affinity is correlated to ‘helpfulness’ and you strive to empower customers with the information that will make them succeed in their work.
Your previous experience crafting marketing assets will enable you to work with efficiency and confidence as you take our content game to the next level. You enjoy collaborating with others, but are equally comfortable taking on a project entirely on your own and seeing it through to completion with minimal oversight. You pride yourself on being a “clever thinker”.
You are comfortable working remotely as part of a small team, with a high level of autonomy. You can devise your own schedule and effectively manage your workload based on the biggest opportunities and company objectives.
When you’re in the wrong or make a mistake you can admit it. You can articulate why it happened and how you’ve learned from the experience.
Above all, you understand that your success—and our success—hinges on the satisfaction and loyalty of our customers.
- 100% remote-first (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- 2 x annual team retreats ✈️ (Lisbon Retreat Video)
- Competitive salary
- 5 weeks PTO + 6 gov’t holidays + Winter holiday break
- Paid parental leave (10 wks primary caregiver / 4 wks secondary caregiver)
- 30 days paid sabbatical after 5 years
- Medical, dental with HSA option – 99% premiums paid (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- 401k matching at 4% (US residents)
- Our story and team 🚀
- Glassdoor Reviews
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practicing a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/Life harmony is an important part of our organization – we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 12 countries and 14 states; a collection of talented humans rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Twice a year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. We see these retreats as an opportunity to strengthen the social fiber of our community.
This team is growing in more ways than one – we’ve recently launched 8 babies (and counting!). Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our organization. At Close, we have a high care factor for one another, in making an awesome product and championing the success of our customers.
Apply info ->
To apply for this job, please visit jobs.lever.co.