Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.
Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!) If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible.
Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post and Skills, Future Singapore, to global organisations like Capital One, the Financial Times, and Starbucks. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic.
Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year.
Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
What can you do with us?
We are looking for a Consulting Engineer to provide technical consulting and assurance on pre-sales opportunities.
This role will be a part of product development, helping implement features and contributing to product discussions.
Consulting Engineers work very closely with their account managers to provide technical expertise that helps potential customers understand how they can use Tyk to meet their API management needs.
We are helping our customers solve their critical API Management issues, whether that be through custom integrations, partnership relationships, or simply troubleshooting upgrades with their engineering team.
You will work with engineers from the product team to enhance our offering and convey the clients’ needs, as well as contribute to the product, support documentation and other supporting assets.
- Participating in customer calls with an account manager to provide technical expertise to pre sale and post sale prospects.
- Taking part in calls and meetings to discuss requirements and their specific use case.
- Taking part in client calls to guide them with our best-practices, advice on their overall solution and answer their questions.
- Build PoC’s for highly valued clients and/or important use cases.
- Working with potential or existing customers to solve a particular problem, either via email or via a screen-share / pairing session.
- Collaborate on RFI/P/Qs.
- Consult, advise and comment on existing product proposals.
- Propose new features, ideas and concepts to the product leadership team for consideration in future releases.
- Hosting meetups, workshops & talks at conferences.
- Travel to conferences & client site. International travel.
- Generate content relating to API Management, our technology and anything related to our arena.
- Assist with support (our support is only done by engineers).
- Manage your time and tasks independently.
Essential skills and experience:
- Background in software development and/or solution architecture
- Degree educated in a STEM subject
- General usage of Linux, scripting and related utilities
- Client-facing activities such as video conference calls, in-person meetings, pitches and presentations
- Understanding of common internet technologies, protocols, standards and data formats
- A good understanding of DevOps and deployment practices and technologies (Puppet, Chef, Docker, Cloud services such as AWS and Azure, as well as IaaS such as OpenShift and Heroku)
- Solid experience in backend engineering experience and/or solution architecture for complex systems.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
Useful skills and experience:
- Practical experience working with APIs
- Creating proof of concepts
- Creating and documenting solution architectures.
- Experience building applications in Go, C, or C++
- Like speaking with people in general and clients specifically
- Like helping people
- Like solving technical problems
- Like public speaking and happy to join tech discussions with clients and on slack
Our early stage team members will shape our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes equity. Everyone has unlimited holiday.
You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
We’re a distributed team. Work from our London office during induction, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, your mum’s house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
Apply info ->
To apply for this job, please visit apply.workable.com.