There’s a certain magic that every Host brings with them, but we also know that a few very specific personality traits and natural talents make our Hosts so good at what they do.
But before you jump up and shout “THIS IS MY DREAM OPPORTUNITY!” you need to know that this job is not easy. It can be tough, draining and more than a little bit daunting. If you want this life the comfortable and ‘easy’ way, you might prefer to join the Tribe as a member.
But, if you’re ready for probably the most challenging and rewarding job of your life, and you love, LOVE people, then we invite you to read on to find out more about the role and who, exactly, we’re looking for…
IS THIS THE RIGHT ROLE FOR YOU ?
Before you send in an application, please read the following carefully…
We are searching the world for just a few very specific types of humans.
Our application process takes a lot of time and effort. So, out of respect to your time, we want to help you self-assess whether you are exactly the kind of person we’re looking for… To save your time we ask you to fill out an application only if you feel that this role fits you like a glove!
We’re saying this because we’ve had 500 applications the last time we hired Hosts and we are incredibly strict with who we choose for this position.
- You inspire leadership in others: Throughout your life, people have always gravitated around you. You have the ability to bring people together and to make things happen. And you do this by encouraging and inspiring other people to lead. It’s not a forceful style of leadership; you don’t command, dictate or tell people what to do. Instead, it’s a natural – maybe even quiet and subtle – leadership that you have. People join you, love being around you, and more often than not, they’ll take up your mission and make it their own… Do you have this kind of influence?
- You have high emotional intelligence: You understand what other people feel and you intuitively know how to react to those feelings. You understand your own emotions well. If you have the kind of high EQ that we’re looking for, then it will be so obvious to people in your life that your friends, colleagues or family members will have often complemented your empathy and your ability to understand people… Do people tell you this often?
- You are unusually thoughtful: You take EQ and empathy one step further and turn it into thoughtfulness and consideration. You often see the details that other people miss, for example: One of our friends in the group seemed a little sad or disconnected today… Or: If I do this little act of kindness, I know it will mean a lot to this person… Or: I know how much they care about cleanliness, so I’ll be careful to always respect that… People you’ve met have often thanked you for being so thoughtful of them or their needs… Does this sound like you?
- You are a connector: You are able to connect with people from all walks of life (different professions, different cultures and different nationalities) on a deeper level. You don’t just scratch the surface. And you’re a connector of people; you naturally bring people together by subtly making them aware of how amazing the other person is. You don’t need to be the centre of attention, you just love it when everyone is getting along and having a great time together. It hurts you when you see someone excluded and you always find ways to warmly bring them back into the group dynamic… Is this you?
- You are reliable: You pride yourself in being reliable and dependable. The people in your life know that they can trust your word. You have an inner sense of confidence that makes people feel at ease around you. This confidence also allows you to stay true to your values and beliefs, and to be who you are. This, in turn, makes you more dependable… Are you always striving to be this person?
- 2+ years experience with leading/managing in-person communities
- You’re currently either: working part-time, freelancing, or running your own business (this is a part-time contractor role, so we won’t be able to cover your full-time income needs)
- You’re a seasoned international traveller
- You must be able to travel worldwide. Unfortunately, this means that this role is only possible for someone who holds a passport that allows them to easily travel to most countries
- Travel the world, build a powerful global network, grow personally and professionally
- Compensation: $1,500 per trip (5 weeks)
- All flights to, from, and between destinations
- All accommodation while running a trip
To apply for this job, please visit wifitribe.typeform.com.