Our mission as a company is to enable budget-conscious consumers to earn additional passive income from their everyday habits. We have millions of monthly users and have achieved over 2,500% revenue growth in 2020. Our users earn millions of dollars a year in rewards by using our products.
Current Mobile Inc is a US-based company that builds mobile technology products for budget-conscious consumers. Our products let people around the world earn passive income while using their mobile phones for daily habits like music, games, news, shopping, browsing, charging, and even unlocking their device. Our passionate team of innovation leaders relentlessly convert user attention and data into rewards.
Our flagship products, Current Rewards, and Mode Smartphone are hugely popular with millions of users around the world. It is our goal to provide a free Mode phone to every income-conscious consumer on the planet, enabling them to earn up to $100 each month while passively using their device. Our common purpose is to bring financial joy to the lives of our user base.
In 2018, Current became the first company to raise over $36M through an SEC-registered security token offering, to implement our royalty-paying token $CRNC across company product lines. We are rapidly growing. As we embark on the next phase of our incredible expansion, we are looking for exceptional talent to help fuel the growth.
- You have an opportunity to be one of the first people to join a team of high caliber ambitious people who are out to challenge the status quo of content consumption.
- We’re a well-funded revenue-generating company, and have a runway for years to come.
- We are rapidly growing and as we embark on the next phase of our incredible expansion, we are looking for exceptional talent to help fuel the growth.
- We’re committed to bringing diverse industry experiences and perspectives together. The team is made up of alumni from Y-Combinator, Ivy League Universities, College Dropouts, Fortune 500, and everything in between.
- We have superior financiers and advisors and several top-tier institutional investors.
- Our leadership team has worked together on various projects over the last seven years which has greatly impacted their ability to evolve from past challenges and build efficient and effective processes.
- We care about building a disruptive product that empowers our users. We think big!
We are looking for a leader to not only shape, but build the community relationship function of Current as we embark on the next phase of our incredible growth. As we continue to scale, how should we evolve our communication strategy for our community of ecosystem partners, investors and regulators? How should it impact the product and marketing strategy? How should we communicate financial and product metrics to stimulate meaningful community engagement? This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well funded, rapidly growing company in a high-profile role that will have a direct impact on strategic communications and decision making at Current. The individual will bring experience, energy, and insight as they work with internal and external stakeholders to build communication strategies and outreach programs to ensure key business considerations are well understood, clearly communicated to the community, and feedback loops are closely monitored. The individual will bring experience, energy, and insight as they work with the leadership team and across all departments and product lines to design highly effective community communications, strategies and programs.
We’d Love To Talk With You If…
- You are a natural storyteller with excellent speaking, writing and editing/copywriting skills.
- You have a strong business knowledge with a demonstrated ability to understand business strategy and how to use communications as a mechanism to drive that strategy.
- You have a solid experience in community/investor communications and programs.
- You have experience in community/investor/media crisis and issues management.
- You love and understand the crypto, blockchain, AdTech, DTC, affiliate, publicly traded company, and mobile gaming industry.
- You have a background in finance and strategy (preferred).
- You have a strong business acumen and proven ability to understand complex business drivers and build simple communication material out of it.
- You have a proven ability to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion.
- You are able to work under pressure and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities.
- You have a tech startup experience as co-founder (preferred).
You’ll be working closely with the leadership team and reporting directly to the CFO of the company, and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Leading the community/investor communications to drive meaningful engagement and regulatory compliance through reach-out initiatives such as bi-monthly investor updates, monthly blog posts, and quarterly press releases.
- Distilling complex messages to create written materials including investor updates, press releases, pitches and messaging documents that are error free, on point and appropriate for the intended audience.
- Moderating investor communications in various channels such as Discord, Telegram, & social media groups.
- Using insights and knowledge of business priorities and audience interests to develop creative approaches to amplify Current Mobile’s narrative mainly through community platforms (occasionally through paid media) to reach targeted audiences.
- Triaging and managing community/investor/media issues and crisis in the areas of focus.
- Developing and expanding the base of community and media relationships on behalf of the company.
- Setting the style and tone for our community communications and maintaining brand integrity and alignment across the corporate communications and marketing campaigns.
- Using market research data to understand the competitive landscape and promote differentiation for Current Mobile to potential investors.
- Representing the company at forums and with any audience to explain the company’s mission, operations and product roadmap.
- Constantly mining for potential news angles and data to support opportunistic storytelling.
Current is committed to learning, exploring new ideas & alternatives, and is united by curiosity. We are results-driven, use OKRs to guide us on our decisions, and emphasize goal accomplishment.
We put emphasis on the following Values:
- Lead with Purpose – Leadership does not necessarily mean management. Everyone is a leader, no matter the role. Taking pride in your responsibilities, finding & executing solutions is key.
- Focus on the ‘Why’- The best solutions start with everyone understanding the problem and its impact. We’ve found that if someone understands the ‘why’, they will produce an innovative ‘what’ and ‘how’. If we cannot explain the ‘why’ clearly, we don’t understand the problem ourselves.
- Bring a Sense of Humor – Our work environment is a lighthearted & positive place where employees are united by humor and camaraderie; we believe laughter is a great way to uplift employee morale and form bonds with each other.
- Set New Precedents – We drive innovation and push boundaries for all company activities while understanding that anything worth doing will have roadblocks. We set a new standard of worth for people’s time, data, and attention while rewarding what most other companies take.
- Collaboration – We won’t thrive without recognizing others strengths. Listen and evolve together, helping and supporting each other for the sake of a collective goal.
- Honor Commitments, Your Word Matters
- Specific Measurable Attainable Relevant & Timely (S.M.A. R.T) Asks & Answers
- Allow OKRs To Guide Us
- Individual & Departmental OKRs will largely impact success at Current
- Agree to Disagree & Commit
- Voice concerns in a respectful & appropriate manner directly to your manager or the Executive Team
- Assume Positive Intent
- Always start from the idea that a person meant well or was doing their best, no matter what they say or do
- We are a remote-first company so this position is 100% remote from anywhere that can do US CST / EST working hours
- Participation in the company’s equity & token plan
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with employer contribution
- Work with highly curated high caliber people
- Celebrate employee personal milestones
- Remote team building activities every 6-8 weeks
- Virtual happy hours & virtual coffee buddies
- Bonus.ly – we use https://bonus.ly as a way to recognize and reward employees for their hard work + commitment
- Monthly virtual yoga + meditation classes
- We follow the “12 PM to 1 PM CST Break” – no meetings during this time to encourage team members to take a break in their workday!