Surge builds premium products to enable and empower publishers. Our real-time revenue prediction capability is the cornerstone of our product suite. We develop deep partnerships with the publishers we work with and are widely used by different teams within a publisher like editorial, revenue optimizations, partnerships, marketing and ad operations. We give our clients the ability to view every single ad impression served on their site and tie it back to the exact amount of revenue it generated along with the content that the user was viewing and the user that the ad impression was delivered to. Every single one of our customers is important to us, and we provide an extremely high level of service, continually going above and beyond. We’re a small team that’s 100% remote.
About you/the role: You love data. You love spreadsheets. You love communicating with customers. You have some experience in the digital publishing industry, either owning, operating, or working with a web-based publication. You understand how the ad industry works. You can speak about the publisher ecosystem, terms like DFP for Publishers, AdExchange, Header Bidding don’t intimidate you. You understand Google AMP, Facebook instant articles and the web & ad ecosystem in general.
Manage and coordinate all Surge’s technical activities that includes schedules, deliverables and plans for engineering work. Monitor work for quality checks and ensure effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all stakeholders which will include engineering, UI/UX, data science, client services, product and more. Generate a deep understanding of the implementation process and oversee the technical requirements, scopes for custom work and manage the evolution of the product from a technical stand-point.
- Manage product asks from clients end-to-end (including coordination with internal engineers, product, design, etc)
- Create periodic project status reports for stakeholders
- Requires exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals including technical definition, schedule estimation and resource planning
- Participate in client/internal meetings and resolving client/engineering and project management issues
- Develop technical documentation that will be utilized internally and externally and maintain a repository of documents that may need updating
- Translate technical details into business terms and help with bridging technical gaps on the client and internal sides
- Technical chops to diagnose, liaise and communicate internally and externally on bugs, issues and technical escalations
- Project management experience directly related to building and managing software
- Proficient understanding of the publisher advertising technologies, programmatic bidding and ad serving processes
- Positive attitude with skills and experience being a part of a remote team and a growing start-up
- CMS and Analytics experience needed – ideally should have been a product owner or crucial stakeholder of the CMS or Analytics product
- Experience in Digital Media and Online Publishing, or past experience with steep learning curves.
Please respond to each item in the Skills/Attributes Required list with your experience instead of a cover letter. Please send responses and copy of resume to the address below.
Apply info ->
To apply for this job, please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org