- Translate ideas into projects with discrete tasks.
- Give guidance & unblock others on their team/area.
- Be sought out by others as a technical resource.
- Provide mentorship to other members of the engineering team.
- Seek design, architecture or specialized input when needed (and know when it’s needed).
- Make good, informed decisions around technical debt and tradeoffs.
- Communicate with non-technical team members to understand needs and give technical advice.
- Working within a cross functional team of Product Managers, UX designers, Engineering Managers and Frontend Engineers to understand the requirements and scope that drive the design of technical solutions.
You will potentially act as tech lead on one of our teams.
- Contributing clean, functional and tested code.
- Setting up and managing appropriate tooling.
- Creating documentation for new features and maintaining documentation of existing ones.
- Finding and addressing performance issues throughout the application.
- Helping to identify and fix bugs and issues.
- Experience with Python and its ecosystems.
- Experience with or exposure to some other tools which exist in our projects: Django, Celery, PostgreSQL.
- Be comfortable running as well as developing applications.
- Experience with “zero downtime” deployments / migrations.
- A good surface/contextual-level understanding of “the full web stack” and ability to collaborate with Frontend engineering teams.
- A good command of English: written and verbal, producing and understanding.
- As a distributed team, we primarily communicate via Slack, so the ability to clearly and completely communicate in written English is vital.
- We also frequently hop on calls, both audio and video, so the ability to clearly speak and understand English is also vital.
- Experience with team leadership
We value trust, ownership, collaboration, transparency, respect and inclusion. We’re proud to have employees from many different nationalities, genders, ages, backgrounds, educations and races. We believe that intentionally assembling a diverse team is not only the right thing to do, but also necessary to build a product that works for and appeals to an audience that faithfully reflects our communities and our shared planet.
Find out more about our culture in our blog.
- Training budget
- AllHands (semi-annual team event)
- Paid sick leave
- Paid time off
- Distributed, international team
- Flexible work
- upload your CV, and
- let us know in your cover letter what you bring to the table.
To apply for this job, please visit laterpay-jobs.personio.de.