SmartrMail is the easiest way for merchants to send best practice emails and automations, so they can grow their business. Within minutes merchants have a template that matches their site, automations tailored to their customers journeys, and recommendations with products based on customer data. This saves merchants’ valuable time, delights their customers, and gets them sales.
We have 300+ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ reviews and a 4.9/5 rating on Shopify, the highest of all email marketing apps.
We’re a remote first team, but if you’re in Australia (Melbourne/Adelaide) or Lithuania (Vilnius/Kaunas) you can work flexibly out of one of our offices.
- One main Rails app, 3 Vue apps (not microservices)
- Current stack: Rails 6, Postgresql, Redis, Vue.js, Nginx, Passenger, Sidekiq, Azure
- Ruby on Rails development of new features
- Architecting optimal backend solutions to deliver quality user experiences
- Bug fixing, query optimizing and general business as usual tasks
- Advocate best practices and well tested reliable software
- Code reviews of our other developers commits, feedback, discussing ideas and taking the time to learn yourself and teach others
- Mentoring mid-level developers
- 4+ years’ experience in a Ruby on Rails development
- Strong experience in SQL and high volume data processing. We use PostgreSQL and Redis.
- Good knowledge of cloud environments. We currently use Azure, but have used AWS and GCP in the past and may again in the future.
- Be able to consider things from a customer perspective and translate that into ideas and requirements that can continually improve our app experience
- Experience using Git version control
- Great communication (we use Github, Slack and Clubhouse)
- Friendly, with an interest in the latest tech, and a passion for learning
- Start up experience in any capacity
- Experience with commerce platforms like Shopify and BigCommerce
- Experience managing a large and growing database, ours is 1TB and doubling annually.
- Be part of building an awesome product that people love
- We’re a friendly, fun and flexible remote-first team
- We care deeply about technology, product and commerce
- We run a yearly retreat, our first one was in 2019 in Lisbon, covid had different plans for 2020
- Excellent potential to improve your craft and progress your career in a growing startup
To apply for this job, please visit apply.workable.com.