We are looking for an experienced Senior Backend Developer to be a part of one of our cross-functional product development teams to help us shape the future of the time tracking industry and deliver real value to our customers with both new and improved features.
The salary for this position is €70,000 annually.
You can work from anywhere in the world.
About the Team
We are a global team of 80+ awesome people working from over 40 countries around the globe. We hire globally, you work locally – in the heart of London, a beach outside of São Paulo, or a quiet village near Florence, the choice is yours. Every few months we travel to meet up somewhere in the world and spend some quality time together. We place a huge amount of trust in our people, and we measure the outcomes rather than the work itself. Our values fuel our results.
As a Senior Backend Developer, you will be taking ownership of one or more domains of our product and will work closely with other Backend and Frontend developers using cutting-edge open source frameworks to highly-available RESTful services and back-end systems.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- developing and maintaining some of our backend services including reports, payments, and operations tools that manage our product and logistics worldwide.
- working with PMs and designers day to day on several projects, from customer-facing web and mobile applications.
- designing, breaking down, and completing projects of a medium to large scope with high-level productivity.
- looking for technical problems of existing system/product without guidance and offering solutions
- leading projects with a small group of people, such as hosting weekly meetings, communicating with other partners and stakeholders.
We would love to hear from you if you strive to solve technical problems of high scope and complexity and have long-standing experience programming in Go.
In particular, we are looking for:
- Strong backend engineering experience in Go;
- Significant professional experience with Ruby, PostgreSQL, REST, JSON and Google Cloud Infrastructure;
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation);
- Experience with performance and optimisation problems, particularly at large scale, and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems;
- Ability to work cross-teams and improve cross-functional relationships which will facilitate ongoing projects;
- Eagerness to make contributions to improve the engineering team. For example, activities like interviewing, or mentoring;
- Mentor and grow junior engineers;
- Ability to give on-point and actionable feedback to peers;
- Effective communication skills: regularly achieve consensus with peers and clear status updates;
- Collaborate across the company to define, design, build and improve our product;
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, is required for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment;
Bonus points for:
- Having full-stack experience;
- Passionate about working on and contributing to Open Source;
- A track record using Go in Open Source projects;
- Freedom to choose where you work
- 24 days of paid time off a year, plus your local holidays
- In-person meetups for team-building (expenses covered) when it’s safe to travel again
- Laptop and a €2,000 budget to set up your home office
- Reimbursement for co-working space membership or internet service at home
- Opportunities to attend training, workshops, and conferences
- Monthly reimbursement for a gym membership, massage, and other wellness services
- Support for buying tools you need for doing your best work (even eyeglasses if you need a new pair)