Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10)
This position is remote friendly. You will have the option to opt into one of the following work environments:
- In-office: New York, NY
- Remote: Only if you have/will have a permanent address in NY, NJ, PA, CT, NC, GA, FL, TX
AlphaSights was born with a purpose: to unlock human knowledge and power success. From our state-of-the-art offices in nine major world cities, we connect business leaders seeking knowledge with the experts who possess it. We’re one of the fastest-growing global companies, employing 1500+ colleagues of 60+ nationalities.
The Application Support Engineer role:
AlphaSights is looking for a proactive and driven Application Support Engineer to join the Software Engineering Team. We are a digital business in which continuous uptime and smooth software engineering experience is central to our success. The role of the Application Support Engineer therefore represents a visible and valued opportunity for the right candidate to have an immediate impact. Working alongside our Software Engineering team and Product Managers, you will focus on supporting the user experience that is driven by the development of new and innovative products, as well as enhancing existing products and technologies.
From day one, you will be given areas of responsibility and be expected to manage your own time. You will need to maintain a positive, problem-solving mindset, and be attracted by the challenge of delivering high quality support in a fast-paced environment. You are proactive, creative, and enjoy interacting with other people. You are always to be looking for ways to improve your own work while at the same time being committed to helping the wider team succeed. You are excited to make the most of on-the-job and classroom-based learning, and the opportunity to dive into the field of engineering through exposure to a wide array of different technologies, regions, and challenges.
You will be joining a global team, contributing to remote support of our global offices in the US, EMEA and Asia.
What you’ll be doing:
- Troubleshoot and debug application/software issues raised by end users of in-house built, proprietary software.
- Liaise with Engineering team to establish support workflows, monitor support queue for escalated issues, and optimize support platforms for data sharing between Tech Ops and Engineering.
- Verify and document bugs for tracking and escalation
- Proactively test for potential technical issues that users may face
- Maintain and contribute to an existing Knowledge Bank used by internal tech team
- Aggregate and provide key customer insights and serve as a liaison between users and Software Engineering/Product Development team
- Collaborate with the Product team on iteration planning, releases, feature requests and prioritization
You might be a fit if you:
- Have 1+ years of relevant experience in similar roles (Customer Support Engineer; User Support, emphasis on software support)
- Have evident problem solving skills; strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in product documentation
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Focus on excellent time management, decision-making and organizational skills
- Attained Bachelor’s degree, demonstrating strong academic credentials in relevant fields (Computer Science, Management Information Services, Computer Information Systems or similar)
- Enjoys working in a dynamic and developing environment
Compensation and benefits
- $70,000-$85,000 fixed annual base salary
- 17 vacation days, 10 company holidays & business closure during winter holiday week
- Coverage for up to 90% of your medical premiums and 75% of your dental and vision insurance premiums
- 401(k) match – 4% of your total compensation matched dollar-for-dollar
Perks: Subsidized lunch and complimentary breakfast & snacks within our New York office, corporate gym rates, iPhone and MacBook Pro for work
AlphaSights is an equal opportunity employer. Read more about our commitment to DEI here.