We are looking for a talented Analytics Lead who strives to design, develop and maintain business intelligence solutions to enable effective information delivery and finding creative answers to tough problems.
The salary for this position is €75,000 annually.
You can work from anywhere in the world.
About the Team
We are a global team of 80+ awesome people working from over 40 countries around the globe. We hire globally, you work locally – in the heart of London, a beach outside of São Paulo, or a quiet village near Florence, the choice is yours. Every few months we travel to meet up somewhere in the world and spend some quality time together. We place a huge amount of trust in our people, and we measure the outcomes rather than the work itself. Our values fuel our results.
As the leader of a small, cross-functional analytics team, this role will be dynamic and hands-on.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Developing, automating, and taking ownership of data models, analyses, integrations and visualizations that empower our awesome remote team to make informed decisions.
- Working closely with Toggl’s senior management, marketing, sales, customer success, and product teams to answer questions that inform and validate growth opportunities and provide our team with the data they need, where and when they need it.
- Leading a growing team of professionals.
One day you may be making design decisions and managing our BI infrastructure, another you could be building data warehouse integrations, creating new dashboards in Looker, designing a statistical analysis or providing guidance and mentorship to BI Developers working as your direct reports.
We are looking for someone with significant experience in business intelligence, or a similar role centered on internal reporting and data analysis who can think strategically about how data works within a mature SAAS company.
In particular, we would love to hear from you if:
- You have significant leadership experience. You take the well-being and growth of your teams seriously and want to help each team-member succeed in their role. You give genuine, candid and productive feedback that helps the receiver learn and improve, even in difficult situations.
- You have strong instincts and judgment about the business-side implications of data analysis.
- You feel comfortable in working with git, SQL, python, the command line, and dev environments as you are collaborating with business stakeholders at all levels of seniority to understand their data needs.
- You have good understanding of statistical analysis and data science fundamentals and the ability to distill complex ideas into accurate and easily understandable takeaways will be keys to your success.
- Your English communication, both written and verbal, is great and you prefer to over- rather than under-communicate. You like transparency, openness, and asking questions.
- You lead by example and never say “that’s not my job." You are accountable for your team’s results, good or bad. You give credit where credit is due, and take responsibility for blame when necessary.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with our analytics stack – we use Airflow, dbt, BigQuery, and Looker – is ideal, but we’re open to considering candidates that have experience in other cloud warehouse focused analytics tools.
- Freedom to choose where and when you work
- 24 days of paid time off a year, plus your local holidays
- In-person meetups for team-building (expenses covered)
- Laptop and a €2,000 budget to set up your home office
- Reimbursement for co-working space membership or internet service at home
- Opportunities to attend trainings, workshops, and conferences
- Monthly reimbursement for gym membership, massage, and other wellness services
- Support for buying tools you need for doing your best work (even eyeglasses if you need a new pair)