When you first come on board as an Accounting Assistant, you will start learning more about our business before jumping into the job. You will be introduced to daily accounting tasks that support our Empire Flippers team and Finance Director. You will become well versed in all of our processes, from how our deposit system works all the way up to the intricacies of handling the financial transactions and wires of a business acquisition. Ultimately, you will help our Finance department run smoothly, ensuring transparency and efficiency in all transactions.
You might be wondering, though … what will your daily work routine really look like once you’re up and going?
Here is a list of daily tasks we’ll expect from you (though this isn’t an exhaustive list and could change):
- Prepare/record multiple sales and expense transactions in various software platforms.
- Communicate with customers regarding financial matters.
- Process reimbursement requests.
- Obtain expense documentation from staff members.
- Conduct banking duties to include deposit preparation, wire transfers (domestic and foreign) and crypto currency transactions.
- Assist team members and answer payroll-related questions from employees.
- Assist with foreign contractor payroll transactions and ensure all amounts and payment dates are accurate.
- Work with multiple US state payrolls and ensure compliance with all federal and state tax requirements and regulations.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts; research and resolve debit/credit balancing issues.
- Assist the Finance Director with quality assurance and/or conducting audits.
- Check spreadsheets for accuracy.
- Maintain digital and physical financial records.
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports.
- Assist in the processing of financial statements and other reports according to company accounting and financial guidelines.
Apply info ->
To apply for this job, please visit empireflippers.com.